Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
United States
Mesa
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can use 1st Edition content in the 2nd Edition, namely Investigators, Monsters, and Tiles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Geistlinger
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
also so you can still play first edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
roboelectric wrote:

Please keep that nonsense off of these forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
United States
Mesa
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Burning Monkey wrote:
roboelectric wrote:

Please keep that nonsense off of these forums.

Considering that I was about to sell my first edition copy, it's probably a safe assumption I will never play the first edition again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Yee
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who don't have any of the 1st edition MoM and looking to get into the 2nd Edition... do I need to pick up the 1st edition expansions? Is it compatible or do I just "go forward" with it?

Damn you FFG! MoM + SW IA + AH LCG ... its gonna be an expensive 2016 year... cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pelor wrote:
For those who don't have any of the 1st edition MoM and looking to get into the 2nd Edition... do I need to pick up the 1st edition expansions? Is it compatible or do I just "go forward" with it?

Damn you FFG! MoM + SW IA + AH LCG ... its gonna be an expensive 2016 year... cry

You're gonna be ok, at least you didn't start playing Warhammer 40k

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pelor wrote:

They announced the new expansions so 1st ed is probably not needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean West
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
Pelor wrote:

They announced the new expansions so 1st ed is probably not needed.

And to add more detail to that... The 2nd Ed. expansions they announced yesterday are the same as the 1st Ed. content from the base game and the two major expansions. (At least the content that is usable in the 2nd Ed.)

So if you don't have 1st Ed. there is no reason to buy it. Wait for these new expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Mitchell
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Just to be clear, If I own the first edition, can I get the app and just use it with my first edition equipment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
Mitchell50 wrote:
Just to be clear, If I own the first edition, can I get the app and just use it with my first edition equipment?

No. You need the 2nd edition box. The scenarios on the app only work if you have the 2nd tiles, monsters and other content. Damage cards, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Old Forge
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I transferred the obvious stuff in the conversion kit from my 1st to 2nd edition. Besides that, I also added the clue and fire/darkness tokens from 1st edition, since the rules say that those tokens are not limited to what is in the box for 2nd edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.