David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording says
Quote:
Twist: If there is a Villain on the Streets or Bridge, put this Twist in a stack of "Western States Victories." Otherwise, if there is a Villain in the Sewers, put this Twist in a stack of "Eastern States Victories.

I get that they went pseudo-thematic with the City spaces on the left being "West" and the one on the right being "East", but apparently the "Middle" of the U.S. doesn't matter? These seems like a seriously neutered Scheme, or am I missing something? Even a 3-2 split would make sense if you consider the Mississippi River as a divider....

edit: I should've put this in the actual Civil War forums, but I can't delete it to redo it over there. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
but apparently the "Middle" of the U.S. doesn't matter?

Seems about right
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not played it but the scheme could easily be too hard if the rooftops and bank counted too. Think if the middle as no-man's-land.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
I assume the logic is that you can have a scheme twist go out to no effect so long as the players manage the city well, a little like schemes like Last Stand At Avengers Tower.

Personally I much prefer schemes where the players have some means to get the upper hand and feel in control, rather than the situation being an essentially inevitable death-clock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there's a much higher chance of their being a villain in the Sewer than there is being on on the Bridge or Rooftops, which is why they went with those numbers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clevider wrote:
Thud105 wrote:
but apparently the "Middle" of the U.S. doesn't matter?

Seems about right

Yeah, my years of experience in having conference calls with people all over the USA is that the majority of people who live in the Eastern and Pacific time zones, aren't even aware that there are other time zones. And if they do, they struggle to figure out how they work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.