Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan
United States
Wisconsin Rapids
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Normally this wouldn't be a good play, but let's say that 4 Livre on the bottom of the card was relevant as it could potentially make an extra VP.

Another scenerio: I am almost completely out of Livre and can't afford any of the available actions (or all Musician & Statue spaces are taken). Obviously the only action I'd have available is Depute for 4 Livre.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fastattaq wrote:
Normally this wouldn't be a good play, but let's say that 4 Livre on the bottom of the card was relevant as it could potentially make an extra VP.

Another scenerio: I am almost completely out of Livre and can't afford any of the available actions (or all Musician & Statue spaces are taken). Obviously the only action I'd have available is Depute for 4 Livre.

No. The orange-colored cards are specifically scored only at the end of the game, that is to say, after the left turn of the game.

If you send them away, you no longer have them to score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can depute such an apprentice (and get the money), but you would not score its bonus at all.

Page 4 of the rules says, "You cannot use the bonus of these cards during the game. They only take effect in the final scoring."

Thus, you get the bonus only if you still have the card at the end of the game. If you deputed it, it is out of the game and you do not get its bonus.

You are never forced to depute an employee due to being unable to afford other actions. (In fact, you cannot depute if you have only 4 employees.)

Page 4 says, "you may always choose to forfeit the main action and/or the
bonus."

The designer discussed this specific "pass instead of depute" point here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Wisconsin Rapids
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks guys. Even though I've read over it a few times, I completely forgot that passing was an option

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.