Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stephane heed
France
Vaugneray
flag msg tools
mb
Hi all.
From the go, please excuse my spelling, as I don't often wright in english.

I printed out the rules for this (yet an other!!) lovely game from Luke Morris (I've allready played his TOUR: CYCLE FREE, and still set to try BASEBALL HEROES).

I'm not quite sure I understand some parts of the rules correctly, soo hopefully somebody can help me clear things up. I allso have a few suggestions related to these questions, I'll give them below.

QUESTIONS:

1)FORM:
a)From the End of Season to the Start of the next one (ie. from S1 to start of S2), do our players keep their actual Form?
I find it a bit unclear. I assume they do, as the rules state [p3] "Form assessment (FIRST SEASON ONLY)", and I can't find anything stating the opposite.

b)Rules [p9], situational chart, "Make 3 assists in 3 games": This means 3 assists total (or more) over the last 3 games, correct? (ie 1,0,2)

c)Do the last matchs of the past season come into play when I check for form update at the begining of the new season?
I realise I am not very clear, so lets take an example: A player scores in the last two games of Season 1 (week 13 & 14). He then scores in Season 2 opener (Week 1). Would his form "improve by one level" for scoring at least 1 goal in 3 consecutive games?

2)TRANSFERS:
[p7], Transfert chart, Roll for Age: I assume I've got to choose which Dice is for 'across' and which is 'down' BEFORE the actual roll is made. Otherwise I could "cheat" by looking what is best for me (ie. I roll a 6 and 1. I could choose between a 32 y.o. or a 20)

3)INCOME [p4]:
How do I get the "Executive boxes" bonus fans? What does "(only all seater)" mean? Is it for an all-seater STADIUM, or for each stand (Higly unlikelly thought)?

SUGGESTIONS:
1)a)In PRE-SEASON, Form Assesment; maybe add "Skip this phase after season 1, as your squad/players keep their end of season form."
b)Change the chart so that it reads: "Make A TOTAL OF 3 assists (or more) OVER 3 games"
c)add something along the lines "take into account the last games of the previous season, if applicable". I know it doesn't sound great, but you get the idea...

2)Instead of "Age(2Dice)", put "Age(Roll twice, then cross reference)"

3)just modify as follows: "Executive boxes(only all-seater STADIUM)

THANK YOU ALL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephane heed
France
Vaugneray
flag msg tools
mb
Forget about Q3, the answer is allready in the rules, an all seater STADIUM is needed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephane heed
France
Vaugneray
flag msg tools
mb
An other question came up when I played it this week-end.
I'm not quite sure how the "REST" training is resolved regarding the injury roll. Does a "RESTed" player doesn't roll for injury, even after beeing included for the match of the week?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kiedrynski
msg tools
My question / suggestion

Will it be game braker if players ganerated on transfer list will have an option to play more than 1 position. For example older ones, or the ones spotted by staff member?

1a) Yes, they do.
1b) Yes, 3 assists in total, player for will go up, and clock on that will reset.
1c) No.

2) yup, you're right.

3) Forgotten.

4) Yes "REST'ed" players are immune to injury.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephane heed
France
Vaugneray
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for your answers, it confirms what I thought...

My turn to answer you.
I believe it would (well, not a fully game breaker, but you understand), as it would complitely remove the interest in training for new position.

But try it out, and let us know...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.