GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 92.34
37.7% of Goal | 26 Days Left
- Put out 1 spice card for each spice.
- You still randomly seed the board with additional spice cards following the chart in the rules for # of players. You do this during setup and the beginning of each additional round as normal.
- When selling spices the spice cards are not discarded, but instead are put back into the pool (ie. face up beside the board) of available spice cards that are available for purchase.
- To compensate for more spice cards being available for purchase play until the first player fills the order of their 5th spice blend card.
- Last edited Sat Aug 6, 2016 2:44 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Sat Aug 6, 2016 2:31 pm
Could you elaborate as to what you hope this variant will accomplish? Or what problem you see in the game that makes you want a variant?
I've heard and read complaints about circumstances where a spice needed to complete spice blends don't come out for multiple rounds. This ensures that there is at least 1 of each spice out from the start, helping to reduce this complaint.
The part about not discarding a spice when it is sold, and instead adding it back to the supply of spices available for purchase, just seems more thematically appropriate.
The only concern I have is that there may be too many cards in the available spice pool for purchase. For example, following 4 player rules, adding 6 spice cards to start a round might be too many with this variant. But that's why I suggest playing till 5 spice blends completed.
Basically the only time a spice card is discarded from the game is when it's used to complete a spice blend recipe card.