Popular Tags: [View All]
Derrek Kyzar
United States
Ponchatoula
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all!

About to play the first game today and was doing extra reading/watching.
Never played 1st Edition and had a question about faceup and facedown.

Thought I read in the rules that it said that all wound/sanity cards were resolved faceup, read and then maybe it would tell you to turn it facedown.

Watching Drive Thru Review playthrough a little and when he drew damage cards, it said Facedown so he never looked.

Guess I was thinking when it said to draw Facedown cards, it was referring to the facedown deck.

So question is this.
When it says to draw cards Facedown, do I never look at them until some other card says to randomly turn a card faceup or do I look at all cards I draw immediately and resolve them?
I do see where the app will specifically say to resolve some faceup cards but I was thinking that meant to resolve faceup cards you already had in front of you.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Just reread it.
It says to resolve cards faceup unless the action says otherwise. So only look at cards when it tells you Faceup is how I read it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When you gain wound or horror cards it will tell you which way to gain them. If it says "facedown" you take them from the deck and without looking at them add them to your character. If it doesn't say "facedown" your take them from the deck, flip them, read them, and then follow the text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
As stated in the rules, Damage and Horror cards are always dealt faceup, unless an effect instructs you to gain those facedown.

In the moment you receive those cards, you resolve them, one at the time, in the order you got them. Some of these cards will instruct you to turn them facedown after resolving, some others will be kept faceup.

When you're instructed to turn a facedown Damage / Horror card faceup, you first randomize the facedown cards, and then you turn one of those back faceup.

Also, I'd suggest not to rely on videoreviewers to learn the rules of the game. Everyone can be mistaken, and the correct rules are provided in the rulebooks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrek Kyzar
United States
Ponchatoula
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone.

Shouldn't have over thought it.

And I agree about the dangers of video reviewers, but generally mistakes are covered in the comments so wanted to give it a shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.