The World Cup Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Newby question before first play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hi guys, I am sooooooooo exciting for this game!!! but not being able to buy it I thinking about making my own copy by:
a) printing all cards, tiles, boards etc. (looots of work :/)
b) or creating a smaller dice variant (in means of components count but without any major mechanic changes)

anyways for now I am trying to do b) but first I need to understand the rules well (I have original rules from base game) and so I have few questions for all you out there fans of the game (and maybe author itself?)(I hope you are still around here since the game havent got much going on on forums for a long time)

1. can I find somewhere complete set of rules for different tournalemnts? I read that some kind of summary of rules was added do 5th expansion but I can't find any downloadable file for it and what are the changes? Some major mechanic ones or just setup differences?

2. what is the difference between red and black ranked team? Both has 4 squares to play tiles on them and both can be played with all Goal tiles (3,2,1). So how come black is stronger than red? I see that blue is stronger than green by ability to play 3 goal tile but what about red vs black?

3. does the ball pawns are necessarry? In the rules they are used for 1930 WC but not for 2002 WC? Although I don't know why not :/

4. Is there any general rule of how to determine number of cards depending on number of teams for generic tournaments?

ok, I think that's it for now, I hope someone will help me with that.
Till next time !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lim Lex

Portland
Oregon
msg tools
mbmb
donatello23 wrote:
hi guys, I am sooooooooo exciting for this game!!! but not being able to buy it I thinking about making my own copy by:
a) printing all cards, tiles, boards etc. (looots of work :/)
b) or creating a smaller dice variant (in means of components count but without any major mechanic changes)

anyways for now I am trying to do b) but first I need to understand the rules well (I have original rules from base game) and so I have few questions for all you out there fans of the game (and maybe author itself?)(I hope you are still around here since the game havent got much going on on forums for a long time)

1. can I find somewhere complete set of rules for different tournalemnts? I read that some kind of summary of rules was added do 5th expansion but I can't find any downloadable file for it and what are the changes? Some major mechanic ones or just setup differences?

2. what is the difference between red and black ranked team? Both has 4 squares to play tiles on them and both can be played with all Goal tiles (3,2,1). So how come black is stronger than red? I see that blue is stronger than green by ability to play 3 goal tile but what about red vs black?

3. does the ball pawns are necessarry? In the rules they are used for 1930 WC but not for 2002 WC? Although I don't know why not :/

4. Is there any general rule of how to determine number of cards depending on number of teams for generic tournaments?

ok, I think that's it for now, I hope someone will help me with that.
Till next time !

On Qn 2, the dice for the extra time. Black will appear more often than red and etc etc.

On Qn 3, not that I know off but I try not to have more than 10 card then the base game: as I play with the b/m version which I think it's less luck dependent and more strategic.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1323679/complete-world-cup-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Q2: thanks, I missed that

by q3 you mean q4 yes? Probably
and maybe a stupid question but what does "b/m" means?

and here comes another Q5: why 24-team cups don't use 2+1 goals cards and throw out 3goals cards after 1st round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.