Hide
5 Posts

HeroQuest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Trap placement? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clint Richmond
msg tools
My buddy has this and we play about once a year. I usually end up reading the rule book and playing Zargon. We've only gotten a few missions in on our campaign (really wish we could play more).

I read through the quest book online, and I didn't see any traps placed on the maps other than the occasional quest-related trap. Shouldn't there be icons throughout the maps showing trap placement? Does Zargon just arbitrarily place traps differently for each game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are definitely traps in the quests in the physical book, not loads but they are there and they are not all quest related.
Is the online quest book a fan made thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic R
Spain
Tomares (Seville)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are lots of quest without traps or with only one or two. The point of the trap is the surprise and cant be surprise if there a trap every room. The same can besaid about secret doors.
On the other hand as Dungeon master you are free to "balance" a bit the quest and add monsters and traps if heroes are doing too well or remove them if they are about to die, remember it is your game, although RAW you cant add traps (or anything) to a quest. If the quest have not trap or secret doors, then it havent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Richmond
msg tools
Matchstickman wrote:
There are definitely traps in the quests in the physical book, not loads but they are there and they are not all quest related.
Is the online quest book a fan made thing?

It was a poor quality scan of the real thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Lodge
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
traps have different mechanics to them depending on EU or US version of the game but all that are in a quest are on the map.

Here's some mods
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUqoUE_JiOud21ESFhLaG9hS1...

The Inn is a good place for loads of extra Quests and downloadable material
http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/index.php

Quite an active HQ forum with online games running.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.