Subject: Buying Guide?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Borat Sagdiyev
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've checked the forums and haven't found any thread analyzing and/or rating the myriad of expansions for this game.

May the Attack Wing community give me some advice so I can expand my collection little by little?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy one of everything?

Pretty much everything has a place and tournaments are a thing of the past, so I suggest maximizing variety; almost everything is playable or has useful upgrades. Take advantage of sales and people giving up their collections while it is still possible to get most things.

If you are only going to get a small number of expansions, what type of units do you want to field? If you like dodging attacks Lord Max, Drizzt and Zeno might be the best choices. If you want a massive alpha strike, the ancient white dragon (Arvy) with Evil Sorcerer on board may be the way to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron R
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to Michael's suggestion.

I've never been disappointed with any of the expansions. Some are easier to use than others, but almost everything is worth the purchase price, especially if you can find them on sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two suggestions:

Buy what appeals to you. As mentioned, organized play has so far as we know stopped, so highly competitive play is over. Buy what you want, play what you want.

Alternatively, buy in the order of the adventures and play through the campaign they form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borat Sagdiyev
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the answers. Just got hold of Zeno, Drizzt, Movanic Angel and Stone Giant Elder today.

They were on sale at a local store and were priced at 7.5 EUR apiece. A real bargain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are all fun (although I never managed to keep Sarpiel alive). The unique stone giant can be turned into a fairly tough caster if you give him the Pearl of Power. Unfortunately, he won't qualify for the caster-specific upgrades that were participation prizes at tournaments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.