Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Kime
United Kingdom
Brimfield
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Scenario one. I resumed a saved game on my iPad. It reloads ok except the map now only zooms, no scrolling. The only buttons that work are the options and the current objective. No other buttons work. Nothing on the map works. The map is dead. Using iOS 9.3.4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kimeys wrote:
Scenario one. I resumed a saved game on my iPad. It reloads ok except the map now only zooms, no scrolling. The only buttons that work are the options and the current objective. No other buttons work. Nothing on the map works. The map is dead. Using iOS 9.3.4

Poke around the forums. FFG seems to have acknowledged an issue with saved games in some recent communications (which others have posted), and will patch it soon.

Edit: this is the commentary where they acknowledged it (pulled from one of the threads because I'm a nice guy). Granted, this is a Steam message, but nothing in the comment indicates it is a Steam only concern: http://steamcommunity.com/games/478980/announcements/detail/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kime
United Kingdom
Brimfield
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks. Not a grumpy-deal-breaker, however, I'm surprised this wasn't caught earlier. I did submit problem to FFG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kimeys wrote:
Thanks. Not a grumpy-deal-breaker, however, I'm surprised this wasn't caught earlier.

p.s. I updated the message above with a link. Just posting again on the off chance you're "subscribed" to the thread and may have missed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kime
United Kingdom
Brimfield
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"Please note: We have detected various issues with saved games. We recommend trying to play a scenario in a single session if possible."

DOH!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimeys wrote:

I have the new patch, and my game has just done the exact same thing you described. Except this wasnt in a save game, this was during play. It just stopped and will only let me click the options and objective buttons, and I can zoom out. When I close and reopen, I can play until I reach the next Mythos phase when it stops again. I have tried numerous options and it always stops at the same point.

An hours game wasted
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"Please note: We have detected various issues with saved games. We recommend trying to play a scenario in a single session if possible."

So much for even trying the longer scenarios until this is fixed.

I feel for the programmers who I am sure are doing their best as fast as they can, but the decision to release the game in this state deserves criticism. Next time I'll wait instead of rushing out to auto buy any FFG game with an app required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SirRoke wrote:

I feel for the programmers who I am sure are doing their best as fast as they can, but the decision to release the game in this state deserves criticism. Next time I'll wait instead of rushing out to auto buy any FFG game with an app required.

The crash occurred for me when I hadn't even loaded a save game - so you cant actually even play it in one session!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kniknax wrote:
The crash occurred for me when I hadn't even loaded a save game - so you cant actually even play it in one session!

We managed one full game (1st scenario) just fine. Then played part of 2nd and saved and restarted fine later, but then it froze and lost our previous save so the game was ruined.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had a similar problem - played through the introductory scenario with no problems, then had the app stop progressing half way through a Mythos phase 2 hours into the Innsmouth scenario. It didn't entirely sour the experience, but I wouldn't recommend playing until the app has undergone a few patches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Shmo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Had the exact same problem a couple of hours into Innsmouth - no save games involved either (Mac version fwiw) So disappointing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I tried Innsmouth again, this time on the Steam patched version instead of the iOS app.

It also crashed 2 hrs into the Innsmouth story - just as I was about to win!! Its like Cthulhu got pissed and stepped in.

Now, it does sound like its just the Innsmouth story that this is happening in - or its just that no one has tried the other ones! I'll try story 3 tomorrow and see if it does that there too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirRoke wrote:

Yeah imo this isn't so much the fault of the developers, this is an issue that should have occured during extensivly testing the app on different devices.

I don't know if this is just an oversight since FFG is relativly new to the whole app and software stuff or if this was an attempt to save money.

Since FFG was aquired by Asmodee, I can only advise anyone to not buy FFG games on day one, because FFG needs to generate more profit than before.

I imagine this whole merger kicked FFG from a sustainable capitalism company to a profit maximizing capitalism company and I sure hope they aren't pushed by Asmodee to "generate all the profit they can", but I guess it's bound to happen when the Asmodee shareholders need fluidity and want to sell off Asmodee.

Until then purchase carefully and value the good games FFG is producing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob H
United States
California
flag msg tools
Is there a place to see party inventory? The starter items that are distributed don't seem to appear anywhere. I ask as I only have short session times and can't see how to know what to put out on a session restart without writing things down or keeping the board out. This seems like exactly the kind of thing an app can help with (and it even has an inventory tray).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaplin717 wrote:
Is there a place to see party inventory? The starter items that are distributed don't seem to appear anywhere. I ask as I only have short session times and can't see how to know what to put out on a session restart without writing things down or keeping the board out. This seems like exactly the kind of thing an app can help with (and it even has an inventory tray).

The Save & Quit entry in the RR says you have to record that info yourself...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
chaplin717 wrote:

The Save & Quit entry in the RR says you have to record that info yourself...

Yeah, we just took photos of the board & each investigator's collection of cards/clues. And then we bagged each investigator's stuff separately.

The app doesn't keep track of things like barricades either, because obviously you can move them & don't have to tell it what you're doing with them. Similar for fire/darkness & probably other things I'm forgetting. Not that I'd want it to track all those things, as there'd be no point having the board/cards/tokens/etc! But the board is the main thing to record photos of.

One good thing: it doesn't matter what you do with the decks of cards, as far as packing away. The only decks where the sequence of cards matter (horror & damage) are shuffled so often that you could simply shuffle them again when resuming. The other decks are alphabetical and/or you search through to find the card you need anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.