Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the plans for the Andersons:

Costa Maya: Mayan Experience Tour from The Native Choice (already booked)

Roatan: "Best of Roatan" Private Tour from Bodden Tours - inquiry sent re: Zip Line, Parasail, Stone Castle Cameo Factory, maybe add Botanical Gardens or Arboretum if there's enough time.

Cozumel: Amazing Cozumel Race - haven't signed up yet - can we get a team together?

We'd love to have any of y'all join us on any of these adventures - send me an email if you want in: jeff@boardgamegeek.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betsy & Chuck Berry
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Cap'n Jeff, for organizing yet another thing. These activities will be more fun with a Gamer Group.

However, realistically, I expect that Betsy and Chuck will want to stay in the AIR CONDITIONED ship and play games during most or all of the shore excursions. Perhaps others will join us. If several are interested in gaming, can the Game Room be left open? Or do we need to borrow some games to play elsewhere on the ship?

If we decide at the last minute to go on a short excursion, will that be practical to do, or will we have lost our chance?

Thank you again for doing soooo much to make this happen! -- B&C

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
betsychuck wrote:
Thank you, Cap'n Jeff, for organizing yet another thing. These activities will be more fun with a Gamer Group.

However, realistically, I expect that Betsy and Chuck will want to stay in the AIR CONDITIONED ship and play games during most or all of the shore excursions. Perhaps others will join us. If several are interested in gaming, can the Game Room be left open? Or do we need to borrow some games to play elsewhere on the ship?

If we decide at the last minute to go on a short excursion, will that be practical to do, or will we have lost our chance?

The gaming room will be accessible during the day while in port so you'll be fine. And I know a few folks last year did that very thing.
You'll be able to book shore excursions while on the ship, even at the last minute (depending on availability). Not these ones I've listed, but there will be many other options for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betsy & Chuck Berry
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainQwyx wrote:
betsychuck wrote:

The gaming room will be accessible during the day while in port so you'll be fine. And I know a few folks last year did that very thing.
You'll be able to book shore excursions while on the ship, even at the last minute (depending on availability). Not these ones I've listed, but there will be many other options for you.

Perfect, Jeff ... thanks! Great to have options, but I guess if we want to join the Andersons be better plan (and commit) ahead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ann Bernath
United States
Duarte
California
flag msg tools
Excursion Plans for the Bernaths (Ann and David)
Costa Maya - Bike & Clear Kayak Adventure, Dolphin Encounter

Roatan - Gumbalimba National Park - we'd like to go to a beach afterward if we can find out how to do that. The way the excursions were scheduled we could only choose one of them and it will be over by 10:30 so we're on the lookout for a beach excursion for the afternoon.

Cozumel - Amazing Secret River and Playa Del Carmen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anye Freer
United States
Arlington
TX
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Freers are doing the Deluxe Beach Break & Playa Mia in Cozumel.

We're going to adhoc it in Costa Maya, basically just get off the boat and walk around and see if there's anything worth seeing nearby.

Jason's staying on the boat in Roatan to play games while I go scuba diving. (I'm not doing the ship excursion, I booked with West End Divers http://www.westenddivers.info/).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Adventure Park Maya Lost Mayan Kingdom for Costa Maya.
Maya Key Private Island Retreat for Roatan
Monster Jeep to Hidden Mayan Ruin and Virgin Beach for Cozumel-hoping my body is up to the jeep ride.

Looking forward to all of them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
That means "I love you" in dinosaur!
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter and I made the following reservations:

Kohunlich and Dzibanche Mayan Ruin Excursion in Costa Maya

Around the Keys Kayak and Snorkel Adventure in Roatan

Cozumel Amazing Secret River excursion in Cozumel

We are excited to see other gamers on the Secret River tour. Sounds amazing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lainie and I booked a few excursions through ShoreExcursioneer. Namely the Costa Maya Chacchoben Mayan Ruins Excursion and the Roatan Little French Key Full Island Day Pass Excursion. I can't wait to see you guys on Sunday!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI - I just found out via http://ports.cruisett.com/ that the Liberty of the Seas is the only boat docking in Costa Maya and Roatan on our days visiting those ports, so our excursions (and beaches!) shouldn't be too crowded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
AnakinOU wrote:
Lainie and I booked a few excursions through ShoreExcursioneer. Namely the Costa Maya Chacchoben Mayan Ruins Excursion and the Roatan Little French Key Full Island Day Pass Excursion. I can't wait to see you guys on Sunday!

Thanks for that link! I just switched my Roatan excursion to yours .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betsy & Chuck Berry
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Suppose we decide to stay in the A/C and play games while we're in port:

1 - Will at least some eating places on the ship be open?

2 - Jeff says the game room be open ... thanks, Jeff, for confirming this!

3 - Which other Gamers might join us?

Thanks! -- B&C (who aren't goin' all the way down there just to snorkel in the hemisphere's largest reef, see Mayan ruins, set foot in Honduras, etc. if there are GAMES to be played!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
betsychuck wrote:

1 - Will at least some eating places on the ship be open?

2 - Jeff says the game room be open ... thanks, Jeff, for confirming this!

Thanks! -- B&C (who aren't goin' all the way down there just to snorkel in the hemisphere's largest reef, see Mayan ruins, set foot in Honduras, etc. if there are GAMES to be played!)

The eating places will be open. I happen to love Mexico so for me this was an opportunity to see parts of it I haven't seen before. Also note that many of the excursions don't last that long, so people will be back as the days go on. I know my first excursion will be over by 1:30 and I deliberately didn't choose the Secret River excursion because it lasted 7 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Debbie G

California
msg tools
betsychuck wrote:

I'll probably be joining you for gaming in port, although slightly later in the day (those are usually my sleep-in days ). Caveat: If it happens to be temperate at any of the ports (70's, feels like 70's) I might get off. Looking at the current predictions that doesn't look likely though cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betsy & Chuck Berry
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marmaladeboy wrote:
betsychuck wrote:

I'll probably be joining you for gaming in port, although slightly later in the day (those are usually my sleep-in days ). Caveat: If it happens to be temperate at any of the ports (70's, feels like 70's) I might get off. Looking at the current predictions that doesn't look likely though cry

Great! I think we feel the same ... all seriousness aside, it does seem like a little bit of a waste to travel all the way down there and not even see or do anything. But if it's humid and above 80 that might be a deal-breaker for us.

See you soon! -- B&C

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Debbie G

California
msg tools
betsychuck wrote:
all seriousness aside, it does seem like a little bit of a waste to travel all the way down there and not even see or do anything.

Since I heard about BGG@SEA I haven't really cared about the ports, I care about gaming for 7 days straight laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betsy & Chuck Berry
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marmaladeboy wrote:
betsychuck wrote:
all seriousness aside, it does seem like a little bit of a waste to travel all the way down there and not even see or do anything.

Since I heard about BGG@SEA I haven't really cared about the ports, I care about gaming for 7 days straight laugh

Nifty! A Kindred Spirit right on board! I always figured (being the Game Evangelist that I am) that if I ever had to go on a cruise I'd bring along some games and force them on a captive audience. What a wonderful thing for BGG to create Volunteer Gamers (who are at least semi-captive, except when they escape at ports for a few hours)!

See you Sunday! -- Chuck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Debbie G

California
msg tools
betsychuck wrote:
Nifty! A Kindred Spirit right on board! I always figured (being the Game Evangelist that I am) that if I ever had to go on a cruise I'd bring along some games and force them on a captive audience. What a wonderful thing for BGG to create Volunteer Gamers (who are at least semi-captive, except when they escape at ports for a few hours)!

See you Sunday! -- Chuck

Not sure how you feel about gambling, but that's usually the gaming I do on cruises This time I'll trade in most of that time for actual BGG gaming~ I'm really looking forward to meeting you both (Chuck and Betsy) and everyone else come Sunday

4 days until Sunday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betsy & Chuck Berry
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marmaladeboy wrote:
betsychuck wrote:

See you Sunday! -- Chuck

Not sure how you feel about gambling, but that's usually the gaming I do on cruises This time I'll trade in most of that time for actual BGG gaming~ I'm really looking forward to meeting you both (Chuck and Betsy) and everyone else come Sunday

4 days until Sunday!

So once we reach International Waters, could we legally gamble for Geek Gold?

See ya soon! -- Chuck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angel Adams
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We are doing the National Park as well in Roatan.
Angel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.