Popular Tags: [View All]
John Prewitt
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is it if you block a user you can still see literally everything they post? If I block someone I don't want to see their "Hidden response" thing, I want them blocked. Odd. This is the only forum I've ever seen this feature on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
The user's messages should be collapsed so he's easier to ignore, but that's it. You'll still that he has posted, just not what. You'll also still see him in quotes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
flag msg tools
I've never actually tried ignoring anyone on another forum outside of BGG, but I appreciate that it still shows me a blank box around here. Gives me a heads up that there is an entry in the conversation I'm not seeing.

Without that warning, I'd find it pretty confusing when the convo takes a left turn for no (visibly apparent) reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Most fora I've been on collapses the blocked post into some variant on "this post is on your ignore list" etc. I have yet to see a fora that actually deletes the post from the thread. Theres allways some sort of placeholder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
East Windsor
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule #1 on BGG blocking: Nobody talks about BGG blocking....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
essayons7 wrote:

What?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
first rule of Popo's training..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
essayons7 wrote:

What?

Talking about or worse yet threatening blocking someone can get you a ban. Telling someone you blocked them is also a violation.

It is though ok to warn someone that they are doing something that might make members in general more prone to block them, or get themselves banned. Just dont make it a threat.

EG the standard admin statement boils down to "If you dont like someones post or think its in violation then hit the big red X (and/or put them on ignore.)"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.