47.7% of Goal | left

Support:

Herb Boutilier
United States
Smyrna Mills
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that conscripts cower two columns instead of 1. What happens if a conscript squad is in a hex with a 1st line squad and they are forming a firegroup together and they roll doubles. do I cower two columns or 1?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hbmaine wrote:
I know that conscripts cower two columns instead of 1. What happens if a conscript squad is in a hex with a 1st line squad and they are forming a firegroup together and they roll doubles. do I cower two columns or 1?

Two. It's the worst case.

In the big rule book in rule 7.9 there's a "FP penalties are doubled (even in conjunction with other troops)". It looks like the SK rules omitted that little bit or moved it elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Boutilier
United States
Smyrna Mills
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Peter. btw, this question came up for me as I was using your solo bot rules!!!! :-) I'm getting a better handle on your rules now. my games are running smoother and the bot still can kick my butt sometime!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is so cool to hear! Please consider posting a little session report one day - the bot could use the publicity.

In case it ever comes up - it's the same thing with CX (or any other penalty really) as well. If you mix guys who are CX with guys who are not, the whole attack will get a +1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thompson
United States
Homewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI. In ASL only 1 unit cowers and you use Random Slection to determine which one. So it depends on which unit cowers. Or more than 1 depending I the RS Rolls.

This is important if this happens a First Fire because only that unit is marked with Final Fire.

Should you determine which one in SK?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Cocke
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Tompy wrote:
FYI. In ASL only 1 unit cowers and you use Random Slection to determine which one. So it depends on which unit cowers. Or more than 1 depending I the RS Rolls.

This is important if this happens a First Fire because only that unit is marked with Final Fire.

Should you determine which one in SK?

Jeff. I think in ASL the entire FG cowers two columns, but RS determines which unit is marked Final Fire (or Prep Fire if ROF involved).

Regardless, in SK, I think the entire FG is marked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.