Subject: First Impressions and some questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Best
United States
Brandon
FL
flag msg tools
So my group just played the first starting scenario on this and overall, I have kind of a negative first impression from it all. I think it's just Fantasy Flight games in general, but it was all very fiddly and chaotic. Keeping track of 50+ common items, horror, and damage cards and all of their effects really grows tiresome.

I also get the sense that the apps for these types of games aren't very deep or well thought out. Seems like a race to the end and if you don't move as quick as possible, they just start throwing all kinds of chaotic effects at you. I kinda felt the same when we were playing Descent with the Road to Legend app.

We are going to give one of the "real" scenarios a shot before we give final judgement though... This took us almost 3 hours to get through in the first shot also.

I did have a couple of rules questions though. When damage tells you to "drop" an item, I take it that just means you place the items card on your space and you'll need to interact with it to pick it back up?

Also, we must have a collected a dozen or so types of evidence during the crawl, is there anything to do with those? In the end, I don't think any of them came into play when solving the final issue.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a section in the Rules Reference for dropping:

Quote:
Drop
When an investigator drops a possession, he places that component
in his space.

** An investigator can drop any number of his possessions in his
space as part of the trade action.

Related Topics: Pick Up, Trade Action

And most of the unique items that seem "useless" are used later in the quest for specific reasons. For example, in the first quest, the Gruesome Statue can be discarded when trying to interrupt the Ritual to change all Clue icons to Hit icons on the dice.

As for impressions, I played 2 player my first go, and both of us quite liked it. Didn't seem like a race until the very end, we opened the door to the ritual too soon and got overwhelmed by monsters. In general, we quite enjoyed everything about the game. Not too much 'stuff' to worry about, once we got used to the app tracking things like monster health, everything was pretty smooth.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
There's a section in the Rules Reference for dropping: