Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Lynch
Canada
Canning
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Situation... I'm Martell and the plot I played reduces my opponents military claim to 0... But she wins and intrigue challenge where Cersei is involved then plays trial by Combat where military claim is applied instead... Does this kill two characters?... One? Or none?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're talking about the Plot CALM OVER WESTEROS,

When Revealed: Name a challenge type. Until you reveal a new plot card, reduce the claim value on the attacking player's revealed plot card by 1 during challenges of that type in which you are the defending player.

with CERSEI LANNISTER

While Cersei Lannister is attacking during an challenge, raise the claim value on your revealed plot card by 1.

and TRIAL BY COMBAT

Interrupt: When claim is applied for an Intrigue challenge, apply Military claim instead.

You would have to kill two Characters, because Claim is 2. The Plot doesn't reduce Military Claim by 1, it reduces Claim during Military Challenges (if you indeed named that type of Challnge when the Plot was Revealed) by 1, and this was an Intrigue Challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Lynch
Canada
Canning
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you... Bad for me but good play by the wife.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Nicholls
United Kingdom
Wakefield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mb
Was the plot Calm Over Westeros? The text on that says claim is reduced for [Military] challenges. But since it was an intrigue challenge with a switch to Military claim, your opponent should have killed 2 of your characters thanks to Cercei's ability.

Unless you're meaning another plot I'm not aware of that affects the claim directly, in which case it seems the claim would be 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Nicholls
United Kingdom
Wakefield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mb
Damn, I was ninja'd ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Lynch
Canada
Canning
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was indeed Calm over Westeros.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.