Hide
5 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spell Shuffle Timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Rugolo
msg tools
When I use a spell that instructs me to discard it and take another random copy, do I shuffle the spell in first and then randomly select or vice versa? The first way I could potentially redraw the same copy of the spell and the second way I can't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Horner
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 17 of the Reference says when you gain a spell, you get a random copy. So I think you need to shuffle first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Right - it says discard and draw a new one. Shuffling the deck is part of discarding, so shuffle then draw a new one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed with the others. That's why in the rules it's not stated where you discard (bottom or top of the deck) since after discarding and before drawing again, you randomize the deck. Ideally, in this way, you might draw the same spell you just discarded

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agrees. The same thing applies to damage and horror cards, btw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.