Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So in the rules, it states you draw monster by monster, then at the end, you look at your HP to see if you survived or not.

Some items, however, make it seem like you can die before the end, like the potion.

So, do you really go through the full dungeon or not?

If you know you are out of HP, do you still really continue? If yes, what is the point of the HP card? Basically, what makes the HP card different from armor?

Of course, if you can die, then I guess you don't really go through the dungeon completely each time like the rules say you do?

Maybe I missed something...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have looked through other threads and saw related questions, but still would not mind additional clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You have to go one by one, in part because the order in which you face the monsters matters. For example, you could die and the healing potion revives you to full HP points just before the last monster, which could be an easy one or a powerful one.

Edit: but once you die and can't be revived then there's no point to continue through the dungeon. You're right that the rulebook says to go through all the monsters and then decide but that's just not the practical way to do it. As you mention, it makes the use of the healing potion problematic if is only used at the end (probably it was the most straightforward way to write down the rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Merritt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Espinoza wrote:
As you mention, it makes the use of the healing potion problematic if is only used at the end (probably it was the most straightforward way to write down the rules).

I may have also been a translation error. The game does have a Japanese designer and it would certainly not be the first time rules were unclear due to a translation error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.