Subject: Pretty game, but smells terrible rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Adams

Boston
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone else notice an incredibly strong smell from the components? Not sure what to do. It smells so strong and of chemicals, I'm not sure I want to air it out in my small apartment. Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Hiwiller
United States
Winter Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You need this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(AMY-KINZ)
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
It's a happy-go-moinkaly lucky shpadoinklely...dayyyy
mbmbmbmbmb
No I didn't notice this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Adams

Boston
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow-up: contacted Coolstuffinc via Amazon. They replied quickly and said they had not had this complaint before and will be sending me a replacement copy. Amazing customer service yet again from CSI. I'll report back hopefully that it was a one off situation.

Thanks CSI!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Channy
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mine smells like mold badly as well. The box and components show no water damage at all and the shrink wrap was tightly sealed. Probably a warehouse/storage issue. I'll see if BoardGameBliss can do somethign about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Ruppelt
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
emperors4 games
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Friends,

We're EmperorS4, the designer and publisher of Burano in Taiwan. Thank you for the support and purchase of Burano. We are very sorry about the situation you mentioned.

It’s the first time we received this problem, and we have already contacted the factory to check whether there is any problem during the production. We will also re-exam the SOP in the production line to make sure it won’t happen again.

However, since the product already pass the commercial examination in Taiwan, there will be no healthy problems, do not worry, please. We will keep improving our services to provide better services for everyone.

Best Regards,

EmperorS4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Adams

Boston
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the response, but if you don't mind I will worry. I just received another copy from Cool Stuff, who were outstanding with their customer service but alas I have the same problem. I am going to try and return both copies as I have never encountered a problem like this with a game. It does not smell safe, nor would I imagine anyone wanting to sit around for and hour or two and smell that during a play.

Until they address this, buyer beware!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi S
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy today, and yikes! You were not kidding about the smell - it's awful! Like a combination of kerosene and mold. gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Adams

Boston
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear that but I'm glad someone else confirmed. I want to play and own this game so bad, but there is something seriously wrong with that shipment. I'm surprised no one has said anything from the distributer to the publisher. Get clean copies in and I'll buy one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey W
msg tools
Got a copy today and you are spot on, it stinks. Do you still have the game? Has the smell dissipated?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Adams

Boston
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Received two and sent both back. I don't own the game. Clearly a production issue. Publisher hasn't acknowledged the issue yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey W
msg tools
Here is an email I received from QSF games,

Casey,

The Asian manufacturer seemed to have sealed the game with the paint still not being completely dry with some of the games.. Is there somewhere in your garage or balcony that you can let it air out?

We know certain people are more aware of chemical smells, so let us know if the airing out helps. I simply let my copy air out a few days and though you can still smell some residual chemical smell, it is nowhere near as strong.

If you want to send the game back and your receipt for purchase we can refund you instead.

Thank you,

Patrick Havert

President
Quick Simple Fun Games
When Fun Matters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.