Subject: Victory point token setup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Myles Sherrill
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During setup, the rulebook says to pull a certain amount of victory point tokens, and when they run out, end game initiates. Where do the 5 point tokens come in? In a 4 player game, you pull 33 victory point tokens. Do the 5 point tokens count toward this 33? Or Are they just there for the convenience of space, to remove the single point tokens from the game when u make change?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
I believe they are just there for you to make change. I put the singles in the stack and cash in five of mine when I get them to make end game scoring a little quicker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ghosttomost wrote:
During setup, the rulebook says to pull a certain amount of victory point tokens, and when they run out, end game initiates. Where do the 5 point tokens come in? In a 4 player game, you pull 33 victory point tokens. Do the 5 point tokens count toward this 33? Or Are they just there for the convenience of space, to remove the single point tokens from the game when u make change?

I'm a little confused by your question. The 5-point tokens are just that -- 5 point tokens. So your 33 can be made of 3 5-point tokens and 18 1 point tokens (as an example).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myles Sherrill
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's just say, had a little squabble in the group tonight about it, and yeah, when I step back and look at it, both these answers make sense. I think the confusion came because the book uses the single blue shield to represent victory point tokens. So we just counted out 33 of the single tokens. Which there were plenty of. And that setup made the fives kinda pointless, besides convenience. And that brought someone to the conclusion that MAYBE it was 33 PLUS the 5s. But yeah, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They are just here to facilitate token manipulation and counting. I suggest setting up enough 1 VP tokens so that each player can have 5 at the same time (the rest being 5 VP tokens), and telling them to change into a 5 VP token everytime they can. It's easier to count that way

Are these tokens not covered in the rulebook? If they aren't, that's a weird mistake from AEG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
In the rulebook they show a setup for a 33 point game with 13 single-points and four 5-points. Of course you can set up any way you like but since the victory pool increases by five from 2 to 3 players and again by five from 3 to 4 players, I find it easy to think of the initial victory pool as such: 13 singles and one five-point token per player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.