Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the description, this game sounds a little like Cutthroat Caverns. Are they at all similar in feel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hall
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinda but this game plays much faster than cutthroat. You can definitely screw over the group but if you die you get to come back, there are penalties to dying but it doesn't mean game over...unless the boss is Rom then you are just out after 2 deaths. I was skeptical about this game until I demoed it Thursday night and bought it immediately Friday morning. I didn't enjoy cutthroat caverns but I absolutely loved this game. Everyone I've played with enjoyed this game and we played multiple times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Herman
United States
Sussex
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Agreed with above poster. It's also much simpler and probably works with more people. There are no complicated timing/multiplication rules because everything that could be a timing issue is simply resolved in turn order. I find the monsters much less exciting and there are certainly fewer unique cards but there is nothing wrong with the monsters and equipment options in the box--they just haven't had years to get developed and released like CC has.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Miller

Georgia
msg tools
publisher
SeanH wrote:
Agreed with above poster. It's also much simpler and probably works with more people. There are no complicated timing/multiplication rules because everything that could be a timing issue is simply resolved in turn order. I find the monsters much less exciting and there are certainly fewer unique cards but the developers were already talking about an expansion and there is nothing wrong with the monsters and equipment options in the box--they just haven't had years to get developed and released like CC has.

Hello, Sean. There are currently no expansions in development for Bloodborne: The Card Game. Sorry if you received bad information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hall
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's unfortunate. 5 bosses and the monsters in there are going to get run through pretty fast, I truly hope you guys plan to expand that game at some point. More weapon cards and monster variation would be awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.