Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Giusti
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mb
Just a thought, if Rising Sun is a spiritual successor to Blood Rage and is also made by the same team, I wonder if it is possible to make the Blood Rage KS exclusive add ons part of the Rising Sun campaign. The aftermarket prices for the exclusive monsters is completely insane. What are your thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Blood Rage Exclusives @ Rising Sun Kickstarter
In the history of CMON's KS domination, they have never made exclusives from a previous campaign available in a new/current campaign. It's one of the things I dislike about their company. They make it so if you're not paying attention, you miss out or have to shell out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unlikely to happen. Besides not sure CMON even wants to mix samurais and vikings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheGiuce wrote:
Just a thought, if Rising Sun is a spiritual successor to Blood Rage and is also made by the same team, I wonder if it is possible to make the Blood Rage KS exclusive add ons part of the Rising Sun campaign. The aftermarket prices for the exclusive monsters is completely insane. What are your thoughts?

Obviously that won't happen... If it did it they wouldn't be exclusive anymore and it would hurt their credibility for future exclusive things on KS... And since they do a lot of money with the KS exclusives it's obvious this won't happen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rising Sun will have a whole new set of exclusives!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Giusti
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mb
I think they label the items as Kickstarter Exclusives rather than Kickstarter campaign Exclusives...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheGiuce wrote:

I think... No way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheGiuce wrote:
I think they label the items as Kickstarter Exclusives rather than Kickstarter campaign Exclusives...

Yes but irrespective of the terms they use, CMoN do not sell exclusives from previous campaigns, so don't hold your breath. The only way to get BR exclusives is at a convention or the aftermarket.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheGiuce wrote:

It's a nice thought, but with all the Rising Sun exclusives theres bound to be, I'm doubtful. But there's always hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not everyone can be Red Raven Games...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheGiuce wrote:

It's always nice to dream of the impossible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Klecko
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheGiuce wrote:

No, the Blood Rage KS exclusives won't be available again. CMON makes a killing on their KS based on their credibility about keeping exclusives as KS only.

My advice to you would be to KS Rising Sun and enjoy its exclusive add-ons without having to worry about after market prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parsons
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
ONE PUNCH MAN!
badge
OK
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy two sets and then sell the KS exclusives from the 2nd set for outrageous aftermarket prices so you can get enough money to afford the prices of the Blood Rage exclusives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Alberth Silva Barros
Brazil
flag msg tools
CMON transformed Kickstarter into one of the things I despise the most. Do they even need to use it yet?

Too bad their games are usually nice (like Arcadia and Blood Rage). Otherwise I would ignore them totally. When I discovered Blood Rage and saw ALTERNATIVE MECHANICS being tied to exclusives (Fenrir, etc) and not only visual fluff (like unique tokens, first player markers)... It almost made me sell my Blood Rage copy day one.

At least other companies knows how to make successful kickstaters without this bullshit, like the Dark Souls one.

Anyway, the games are solid. I'm definitely keeping an eye on this one. Mr. Eric Lang has my attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exclusives often make the game worse, and in the case of BR certainly did.

Kickstarter has a lot to answer for here: namely, encouraging unnecessary bloat to hook customers, but which waters down otherwise tight design, and creates a far more random less satisfying gaming experience.

I played Blood Rage with various exclusives and add-ons thrown in, and quite frankly, I wish I hadn't. In my humble opinion, it was a mess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau McDaniel
msg tools
mbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
Exclusives often make the game worse, and in the case of BR certainly did.

Kickstarter has a lot to answer for here: namely, encouraging unnecessary bloat to hook customers, but which waters down otherwise tight design, and creates a far more random less satisfying gaming experience.

I played Blood Rage with various exclusives and add-ons thrown in, and quite frankly, I wish I hadn't. In my humble opinion, it was a mess.

Lol, I'm picturing the Kickstarter guys laughing while reading this and counting their stacks of money.

Personally exclusive are whatever. If you're the guy that has to have it all then that's a you problem. I paid the crazy prices for the exclusives for blood rage knowing full well it's a me problem and I didn't whine about it to anyone. Exclusives do what they're intended to do, get more people to back the game and generate more cash flow. If I get a benefit for preordering the game then awesome, if not and it's stonemaier style and just the game, then awesome.

I'll never complain about getting more for my money, but in the end it's a game. I'm not gonna hold a company hostage and never get any game from them because they do KS exclusives. This all or nothing, my way or the highway mentality is something my toddlers do and I'd expect better reasoning out of adults.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deena Pilgrim
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:

I agree, Euro-style games are carefully balanced, and exclusive gameplay stuff rarely integrate well, BR is a good example.
That said, when you receive your pledge, you can sell all unbalanced exclusives to late completists at a moderate price, it will pay half your pledge off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with earlier posters that this is unlikely to happen. Can I also suggest that you add a question mark to the thread title? It's pretty misleading as is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickaël Garcin
France
Saint Ouen
Seine Saint Denis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joeklecko wrote:

No, the Blood Rage KS exclusives won't be available again. CMON makes a killing on their KS based on their credibility about keeping exclusives as KS only.

I'm pretty sure they makes a killing on their KS because of their games far more than their exclusives staying exclusives. But as they won't try any KS without "exclusives", we can't be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
CMON has a history of offering KS exclusives in sequential releases of similar product. See Dreadmire for example.

They could.
And they should. Why not. Change the wolf man card to black and white and boom it's no longer an exclusive

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm more interested in a C3K: Creatures Crossover Cyclades/Kemet-style crossover kit that allows you to bring the monsters from one to the other and vice versa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:
CMON has a history of offering KS exclusives in sequential releases of similar product. See Dreadmire for example.

They could.
And they should. Why not. Change the wolf man card to black and white and boom it's no longer an exclusive

That's not their general practice (if they did that for Dreadmire - I'm not aware of that project).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:

They could.

If they offered exclusives from the original Xenoshyft campaign during the Xenoshyft: Dreadmire campaign, that is an exception to the rule, not a "history of offering". I've backed/followed nearly all of their KS projects, and they have never offered exclusives from a previous campaign in a current campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Anderson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:

They could.

I'm not disagreeing that it would be nice to get exclusives from previous sets you missed (The Others for me), but this isn't totally accurate.

The Nortech Elite cards they released with Dreadmire were re-balanced versions of the original with better wording. Even people who owned them wanted that.

It is just like they are releasing modified rules for all of the original Rum and Bones characters even if they were exclusive, but they wouldn't re-release the minis. Xenoshyft is only cards so they didn't have a ton of options there. They also removed the metallic effect, but lots of people hated that.

Is there some other scenario where they released exclusives from a previous KS that weren't in the form of re-balancing or updating to a new rules set?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
sluffmo wrote:
Dark63 wrote:

They could.

I'm not disagreeing that it would be nice to get exclusives from previous sets you missed (The Others for me), but this isn't totally accurate.

The Nortech Elite cards they released with Dreadmire were re-balanced versions of the original with better wording. Even people who owned them wanted that.

It is just like they are releasing modified rules for all of the original Rum and Bones characters even if they were exclusive, but they wouldn't re-release the minis. Xenoshyft is only cards so they didn't have a ton of options there. They also removed the metallic effect, but lots of people hated that.

Is there some other scenario where they released exclusives from a previous KS that weren't in the form of re-balancing or updating to a new rules set?

To be fair. Rebalanced buys are actually better than the originals in those examples. Plus weapons and heroes extras were the only meaningful pieces from those. Also. I might be off on this, but I thought they offered the exclusives from Arcadia Quest line too on subsequent KS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.