Subject: New Marker Problems! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Oddo
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These new markers are fully punched and have rounded corners. These "features" have taken the "fun" out of cutting out the counters with a hobby knife to avoid tears and layer separation. These counters have also made obsolete the corner rounder I purchased. I no longer will have to spend hours in counter prep.

What is a hobbyist to do????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
How are they centered? That is my OCD ....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeeshkul wrote:
How are they centered? That is my OCD ....

Lol...true

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Oddo
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least on my copy, the centering is good.

One thing I noticed is the cutting is normally from the front to the back of the counters. On my copy, the counters were cut from the "back". For example, the stress counters normally start with "1" on the "front" with all even numbers on the back. My copy has the opposite.

But it's all good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bosk wrote:
One thing I noticed is the cutting is normally from the front to the back of the counters. On my copy, the counters were cut from the "back". For example, the stress counters normally start with "1" on the "front" with all even numbers on the back. My copy has the opposite.
This hits my OCD pretty hard. I consider it to be some kind of a victory just to be able to play a game like this. I was "trained" on SPI and Avalon Hill games that the front of a counter was determined by the rounded edges (so trapezoidal counters are just a nuisance?) but am trying to learn new tricks.

Personally, I am of the opinion that the Chinese print industry is trying to subvert the US wargamer market. Next up will be rulebooks printed back to front!

Please note that this post was intended as satire - a form of humor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.