Subject: Aedui Trade rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Wallwork
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Need some help with the Aedui Trade SA. They are a NP in my game. I as the Roman player have agreed to the trade, however I just want to check the supply line situation and how many resources they will get. The picture shows the situation. Avaricum, Bibracte & Sequani all have a supply line back to Cisalpina so I think they would get 8 resources. However do they also get another 2 resources for their ally in Mandubai?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nes
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, Aedui (and roman) allies need to be under Aedui control in order to gain resources during trade.

Edit:
Corrected below. Shouldn't answer rules questions just from memorywhistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With your agreement they will get 10 resources.
Since you agreed they will get 2 resources for each of their allies on the supply line, i.e. Aedui, Bituriges, Mandubi, and for each subdued ally where they have control on the supply line, i.e. Sequani, Helvetii.

If you would not have given agreement Mandubi would still be part of the supply line, since it should be under no control, but they would only get one resource for the other listed tribes, so 5 resources only.

Note that the Roman ally and subdued ally in Mandubi will not give resources in this case since that region is not under Aedui control.

Also note that due to your agreement the supply line extends into Belgica, so in the unlikely scenario that there is an Aedui tribe north of the image or Aedui control there you need to take those territories into account too.

Lastly: are you sure that the Aedui won't back stab you and ambush in Mandubi? They rarely attack, but this seems to be a situation where it is likely due to losses inflicted on legions.
I'd get out of there or get more auxilia there ASAP.

EDIT:
woxoya wrote:
No, Aedui (and roman) allies need to be under Aedui control in order to gain resources during trade.
Only partially correct, only subdued and Roman allies need to be under Aedui control (and Roman allies also require Roman agreement) to provide resources.
Aedui allies and citadels will provide resources as long as they are part of the supply line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.