Support:

Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb

http://heatst.com/politics/hillary-clinton-raise-taxes/?mod=...

"According to a recent analysis of Clinton economic proposals, she wouldn't be able to pay for everything she has promised on the campaign trail without a 'dramatic' tax hike of $1.3 trillion. Her policy platform, according to the analysis from the American Action Forum, would increase federal spending $3.5 trillion over the next decade, producing a $2.2 trillion shortfall that would add to the already substantial federal deficit."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oldies but Goodies ... Avalon Hill and
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, because saying "We aren't going to raise taxes on the middle class" is almost the same as saying "We are going to raise taxes on the middle class." Or something.

And adding up the costs of everything a candidate proposes means little or nothing. They're just proposals at this point, and no one knows if, when, and in what form they might come to pass. This is especially true when you're relying on a right-wing organization to tally up left-wing candidates' spending proposals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris, Hillary could say "We're going to slaughter all your first-born" and the morons here would still vote for her. There is literally nothing she could say or do to lose their support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Strobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Listen to your sidekick and eat the pennies.
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Chris, Hillary could say "We're going to slaughter all your first-born" and the morons here would still vote for her. There is literally nothing she could say or do to lose their support.

So even if the story WAS true, we stupid brainwashed liberals would still vote for her, so it doesn't matter if it's bullshit or not. Therefore, bullshit is just as good as truth, because LEFTISTS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yawn. She pretty clearly says "We aren't going to raise taxes on the middle class."

If you don't believe that or your own ears, consider the context.

If you don't believe the context, consider this:

PolitiFact Analyzed the Sound Waves of a Hillary Clinton Speech to Debunk a GOP Attack

It's no wonder Donald Trump has done so well with Republican voters. They completely ignore context, hear what they want to hear, and then make shit up from there. Next, they'll be saying the guy who analyzed the sound waves is in the bag for Hillary and manipulated the test.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SPIGuy wrote:
Yawn. She pretty clearly says "We aren't going to raise taxes on the middle class."

PolitiFact Analyzed the Sound Waves of a Hillary Clinton Speech to Debunk a GOP Attack

It's no wonder Donald Trump has done so well with Republican voters. They completely ignore context, hear what they want to hear, and then make shit up from there. Next, they'll be saying the guy who analyzed the sound waves is in the bag for Hillary and manipulated the test.

She didn't CLEARLY say "Aren't". While I firmly believe she did say "aren't" after listening to the speech about three or four times, and did not say "are", it was about as clear as mud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
10/₆
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Sometimes, the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature"
mb
That video wasn't even close to being a gotcha. This is what they are grasping on too on conservablogs today?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just thought it was a misspeak. She got on a roll with "middle class" and messed up when she meant to say "raise taxes on the upper class." I just assumed that's what she meant. My mom taught piano and for years I saw that face at recitals. It's the "That was a major screw-up, but if I just keep going, maybe nobody will notice."

I blame teleprompters.

EDIT: The belief that since I don't assign the most malicious intent possible to every spoken word means I am in the bag for Hillary incoming in three... two... one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
That video wasn't even close to being a gotcha. This is what they are grasping on too on conservablogs today?

Seriously.

If you want to go after her platform and policy proposals, go after the fact that she wants to "raise taxes"! It seems like a no-brainer. Quit arguing about which group is going to have their taxes raised, because it will include anyone with income, regardless of how much!

By the way, I did the maths way back in the mid-90's when I first became a CPA and the Clinton tax hikes were implemented, and then I did them again when Bush eliminated the Clinton tax hikes, and then I did them again when Obama put Clinton's rates back in to effect.

In each of those instances, it was more than just the "upper class" that paid more income taxes each time the rates increased. It really is simple math, and more groups than the "upper class" paid more income taxes.

Despite the fact that Hillary didn't say "We are going to raise taxes on the middle class", her policies that result in increases to the tax brackets do exactly what she said she isn't going to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
10/₆
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Sometimes, the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature"
mb
chrisnd wrote:

In each of those instances, it was more than just the "upper class" that paid more income taxes each time the rates increased. It really is simple math, and more groups than the "upper class" paid more income taxes.

Well, the tricky part is, define "upper class". I mean in a lot of equations, I am considered upper class. I don't feel upper class.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

The flopsweat is all over the place and it's only August. Christ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
SPIGuy wrote:

She didn't CLEARLY say "Aren't". While I firmly believe she did say "aren't" after listening to the speech about three or four times, and did not say "are", it was about as clear as mud.
Thats the problem it;'s not clear either way.

But it is still clutching at straws.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

he he he

But seriously, we need taxes at a proper level to reduce the massive federal deficit and meet social security payment obligations.

A modest tax hike could head off or reduce a massive crisis later.

Republicans want to cut taxes AND raise spending. that started with Reagan and it's incredibly irresponsible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is how low Hillary-Lickers have to get in order to defend her criminality and idiocy - they are now attributing her traveling shitshow to Freudian Slips and are doing sound wave studies to decipher what she really said.

Pathetic. Just admit it, you're voting vagina so you have the future moral license to go back to your normal liberal/progressive positions of racism, misogyny and class warfare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
SPIGuy wrote:

Why is Politifact trying to rescue Hillary? Did they forget they're supposed to be unbiased?

Heh heh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-campaign-falsifies-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
sikeospi wrote:

"According to a recent analysis of Clinton economic proposals, she wouldn't be able to pay for everything she has promised on the campaign trail without a 'dramatic' tax hike of $1.3 trillion. Her policy platform, according to the analysis from the American Action Forum, would increase federal spending $3.5 trillion over the next decade, producing a $2.2 trillion shortfall that would add to the already substantial federal deficit."

Great, 2.2 trillion dollar additional income for US citizens. (No sarcasm intended.) As long as it being spent on the right assets (IMHO, infrastructure, better education, healthcare for all would be favorable but deciding on what is best is what political discourse is about.) Anyway, I am completely in favor of more spending. How else do people think the economy will start growing again if not for one sector starting to spend again?
maxo-texas wrote:

But seriously, we need taxes at a proper level to reduce the massive federal deficit and meet social security payment obligations.

A modest tax hike could head off or reduce a massive crisis later.

The US government will NEVER experience a payment crisis in US-$. Social Security is also not about how much we do NOT spend right now but how much we can produce later. The federal deficit equals the added private sector savings for that time frame. So any "government financial crisis" will only be self-inflicted; not because there is some "magical" debt level we cannot exceed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
This is how low Hillary-Lickers have to get in order to defend her criminality and idiocy - they are now attributing her traveling shitshow to Freudian Slips and are doing sound wave studies to decipher what she really said.

Pathetic. Just admit it, you're voting vagina so you have the future moral license to go back to your normal liberal/progressive positions of racism, misogyny and class warfare.

Yes, that must be it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

Angry old man is the entirety of your schtick now eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
10/₆
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
DWTripp wrote:

So you are lock stepping with the conservablog talking points now? Awesome. You used to have ideas of your own at one time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
SPIGuy wrote:

Why is Politifact trying to rescue Hillary? Did they forget they're supposed to be unbiased?

Heh heh.

Duh. Because your buddy-who-somehow-isn't Donald Trump is claiming that Hillary told everyone she will be raising taxes on the middle class. Unbiased Politifact rated that one Pants on Fire because it's, y'know, exactly the opposite of what she said.

Stupid Libtards. They should stick to The Facts as We Want Them rather than analyze the source material to determine The Actual Facts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

I'm not a liberal, but some of my best friends are liberals. When it comes to supporting Obama and Hillary, they all can present clear, cogent arguments. When it comes to tax policy they all have the same view, which they support, as well, with cogent arguments: that taxes should be increased on the very rich, more government funding should go into helping the very poor, and that taxes should be neither raised nor lowered on the middle class.

None of them would support Obama or Hillary if they were to start advocating slaughter of first-borns (I'm just saying).

Some of my best friends are also conservatives. When it comes to defending morality and family values, and the basic right of free speech in the face of dictates of 'political correctness', they, also, present clear and cogent arguments. With regard to Obama and Hillary, however, the clear arguments disappear and they descend into vehement and irrational name-calling, just like you do. Because they're good friends and are normally decent people I've decided, in the interests of preserving friendship, not to respond when they begin their Obama-Hillary name calling rants. Eventually they stop, and our conversation turns to more pleasant subjects on which they can speak rationally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

Why is [ cbsnews ] trying to rescue Hillary? Did they forget they're supposed to be unbiased?

Heh heh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Why is [ cbsnews ] trying to rescue Hillary? Did they forget they're supposed to be unbiased?

Heh heh.

Mac, they're all part of the Liberal Media Conspiracy. Only "pretty legit sites" tell the truth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

Angry old man is the entirety of your schtick now eh?

Go fuck yourself. Read the thread, moron. Your homies here are the ones that brought up Freudian Slips and sound wave studies. You're still a no-nothing cocklicker I see. It's always about "ageism" with you douche bags. As if anyone not your benighted age is somehow less perfect than you. Which may true in one respect, you are pretty much the perfect asshole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.