GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 126.34
47.3% of Goal | left
Let me say I love this game and we've been playing the hell out of it since we got it on Thursday. I played SFB in the 80s, bought FC but never got it to table, and Talon is exactly the game I hoped it would be.
I keep checking daily to see if there's any more discussion, so here's something:
I saw a rumor that an expansion is already under development or testing, so can we assume it will have a new faction that's comparable to the Romulans? If so, what would it look like mechanically?
* plasma torpedo:
- two (or three) red boxes, three or more yellow;
- operates like a missile with six damage that decreases one per impulse (each torp counter is lettered like shield reinforcements).
* cloaking device:
- one or two single-use boxes like afterburners;
- cannot fire or be targeted while under cloak; moves normally, not hidden.
- lasts for up to six impulses: place a lettered cloak counter on your ship
- expires or can be cancelled at the end of your turn, so initiative player gets first shot after a ship comes out of cloak.
* ship designs:
- power curve: +1 AP, -1 speed, -1 turn versus comparable ships; slower top speed, more power for charging plasma and reinforcing shields.
- equal shields on all four facings, fewer shield boxes than comparables
- more hull points, fewer crits than talon, slower to FTL spin up.
- smaller ships hold single plasma torp; larger ships add one or two phasers, and finally a second plasma torp; DN holds three torps, but struggles to charge them all.
Just ginning up some conjecture.
Man - I really want to get a copy of this game but I'm reluctant to pay $60+ for it ... guess i am being a cheapskate ... but I have so many games now that storage is an issue :/
Hopefully they will reprint it. Sounds like a blast and the user-made content for it could be incredible.
Sorry for thread-jacking - I read about this game a lot and wonder if I should get it even though I mostly just want more time to play X-Wing
Check out BUY A COPY...there some listed for 40 bucs or so...alas shipping costs are out of this world price wise...I hate shipping costs!
PS: I'm dislexick myelfs!
I hate when people make money off shipping.
this game is well worth 60usd, just saying