Hide
8 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement through rooms... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Scalzitti
msg tools

So, after exploring down the street, this is the setup. Is Yorick now in one large space now. The rules say A space is an area of a map tile separated from other spaces by borders, impassable borders, walls, or doors. Does it take a movement point to move between grey borders, or are those tiles forming together to create one large space now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nojima
msg tools
mbmb
You can see the tiles have a white border on their edges, so they are separate spaces. In the first edition, each tile that expands an open space is still considered a new space within the open area/room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Scalzitti
msg tools
Now that i read the rule a little closer, it says a space is an area of a map tile, so that makes me think its not one large space. Still not sure though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Scalzitti
msg tools
I see that now. For some reason i thought the edges were grey, not white. Overthinking things as usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without a doubt separate spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you move diagonal in the 2nd edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vardaine wrote:
Can you move diagonal in the 2nd edition?

I couldn't find this anywhere in the manual either, but I believe, yes, monsters and players can move from a space to any space whose grey border touches its own. You cannot move diagonally to a space that has a brown border though (such as the corner of a house). In that case you would need to enter through the door, which seems obvious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot move diagonally. You can only move between adjacent spaces, and spaces sharing only a corner are not adjacent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.