Hide
4 Posts

Art of War: the card game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Attack range rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dentro Dentro
msg tools
I have problems with understanding how to read the range diagrams. The diagrams seem to show an arrangement of 4x5 cards however the battle area is 3x4 and the opponent's battle area is only 3x2. I am not even sure about the orientation of the diagram- am I supposed to read it when the attacker card is vertical, or when it is horizontal? Can a card, say the leftmost in my top row, ever attack the middle or leftmost cards of my opponent (attacking "backwards", like A1 to attack B2 or B3 below)? Could anyone give examples? Say, the arrangement is:

B6 B5 B4
B3 B2 B1
A1 A2 A3
A4 A5 A6

Imagine I attack with my A6 archer. Who is in range? What if I attack with A1 archer? A1 soldier? A6 soldier?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Göransson
Sweden
Jönköping
flag msg tools
mb
An archer in A6 can only reach an enemy B2.
An archer in A1 reaches enemies in either B1 or B5.

The range diagram is arger than the battlefield because it's all about where the defender is, relative to the attacker.

I really should upload my latest version of the rules. Maybe later this week, if I can be arsed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dentro Dentro
msg tools
Thank you for the response!
So I need to read the diagram while the card is still vertical, then tilt.

If I attack at once by multiple cards, they should target a single victim, correct?

However within the same turn, I may attack again by other vertical cards, and could chose different victim, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Göransson
Sweden
Jönköping
flag msg tools
mb
I'm not fully sure I understand what you're asking. Did you read the rules document I uploaded to the file section? I chose the words to explain how attacking works very carefully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.