Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donald Everett
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One effect of the card is: "One German Fleet may reroll a single Naval Combat attack die."

Yet in the rules [7.1.2.2 Technology Effects], it states that if the card is active, "each German fleet is allowed to reroll its combat die once per combat resolution".

So, does the rulebook citation count as an official erratum for the card, or is the card text correct and the rulebook wrong?

Just want to mention that playing through the Extended Example of Play was a real pleasure and a fun way to learn the game. After skimming the rules a second time, I intend to solo the game from the EEoP situation at the start of Spring, 1915.

-Donald
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Donald! Yes, the rulebook is correct! All German Fleets get one re-roll. We forgot to go back and change the card - sorry.

Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Everett
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Herm, thank you for the quick response!

-Donald
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dgeverett wrote:
One effect of the card is: "One German Fleet may reroll a single Naval Combat attack die."

Yet in the rules [7.1.2.2 Technology Effects], it states that if the card is active, "each German fleet is allowed to reroll its combat die once per combat resolution".

So, does the rulebook citation count as an official erratum for the card, or is the card text correct and the rulebook wrong?

-Donald

Good catch. I'm soloing the game now and having a ball. My first WWI game and I'm really, really liking it. When I finish it I'm definitely going to play it through again. The way the Event Card mechanic works it'll be a different game every time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.