Subject: STALIN rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
I aten't dead yet...
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my good wife conquering a Shopping Mall.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gentlefolk,

Rule 4.2.4 states that Stalin is PERMANENTLY eliminated if Moscow falls. Does that mean that the Russians will no longer have the ability to perform a Logistics Phase, since there is no Supreme Leader to activate (or even regenerate during a Logistics Pause)?

Also, what happens when a Supreme Leader reaches heart level, can he still activate and what are the consequences to him afterwards?

Regards,

Jim

Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
7.1 Is part of your answer.

Maybe it is best to always fully regenerate a Leader before that question even comes up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotland
Motherwell
I aten't dead yet...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zerstorer88 wrote:
7.1 Is part of your answer.

Maybe it is best to always fully regenerate a Leader before that question even comes up?

Thanks Rory.

I've had a look at 7.1, but as you say, it's only part of the answer.

I really appreciate the time and trouble you have taken.

Warmest regards,

Jim

Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
If Moscow falls and Stalin dies, then no Logistics Phase is available for the Soviets. This effect is permanent.

Even at heart level, the Leader can still be activated, but he counts as "=" in calculating the Logistics Value. Once at the Heart Level, it is probably the btime to play a Logistics Pause, but that's on what your opponent is doing, and sometimes even if a desperate choice it is the right one.

Does it help?

emanuele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotland
Motherwell
I aten't dead yet...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ULTIMO wrote:
If Moscow falls and Stalin dies, then no Logistics Phase is available for the Soviets. This effect is permanent.

Even at heart level, the Leader can still be activated, but he counts as "=" in calculating the Logistics Value. Once at the Heart Level, it is probably the btime to play a Logistics Pause, but that's on what your opponent is doing, and sometimes even if a desperate choice it is the right one.

Does it help?

emanuele

Emanuele,

As always, you get to the heart of it. Thank you very much indeed. I am thoroughly enjoying this game, even though I have only managed solo plays so far.

Warmest regards,

Jim

Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. C.
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ULTIMO wrote:

Does it help?

emanuele

So, if you activate Stalin at Heart Level, will he die at the end of the Logistics Phase?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not at all.

He will remain in play at Heart Level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. C.
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Stalin has no firepower, why does he count for stacking? I think it's weird that soviets can stack two armies in every little town, but only one army in Moscow (the biggest russian city).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.