Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off... Kudos to FFGs to reimagine this awesome game by introducing the App "function" into this game (and others)...saves me Ton of set up time and clutter of cards on the tiles! I really enjoy the explore aspect of this game even more so!

I, along with many, own the 1st edition and all the expansions...even the painted investigators set (and monsters too)... my question is this...

Can someone with the painted investigators set please help me verify that in MoM 2.0... are there
4 New Investigators which have No painted counterparts at this time? Is that accurate?

These are:

1) Agatha Crane
2) Carson Sinclair
3)Father Mateo
4) Preston Fairmont

....if this is the case, I wonder why they went that route since we have numerous other Investigators to pick from which are available as painted versions? (I know this is a minor gripe since I can easily proxy the figs but still.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe all 8 are new to Mansions of Madness. However I've read other people say the 4 you listed are brand new to any of the Arkham Files games. Mansions 1 is the only one in the AF series I've played prior to Mansions 2 though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
Some of the monsters also have never had pre-painted minis made for them before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:
I believe all 8 are new to Mansions of Madness. However I've read other people say the 4 you listed are brand new to any of the Arkham Files games. Mansions 1 is the only one in the AF series I've played prior to Mansions 2 though.

This is correct. The 4 you listed do not, (yet) have pre-painted minis as far as I know. The others do because they were already characters in Arkham Horror (and some were in Eldritch Horror as well).

They likely wen this route to get fans excited about the hope that they probably didn't give up on the franchise. EH is doing very well (I believe), but MoM 1E was pretty dead. I think the new investigators gave 2E a bit more hype and has people trying it who otherwise might not bother. It makes the game look fresh and new (which it is) rather than just a rehash of MoM 1E. 2E really is a very different game altogether but with the same concept.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Jarrell
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As people stated before, four of the characters are new to the Arkham files games. Before this, every character in Mansions of Madness, Eldritch Horror, and Elder Sign was already established in Arkham Horror or one of its expansions.
The list I have is here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1beFGYdKQ4VYWw86qDuww...

My house uses a shared universe. If an investigator dies or gets lost in one game, they are gone for all games. This is what the "DEAD" means on my list. My list might be a little behind because I have not seen the investigators in the latest Eldritch box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
richardjarrell wrote:
As people stated before, four of the characters are new to the Arkham files games. Before this, every character in Mansions of Madness, Eldritch Horror, and Elder Sign was already established in Arkham Horror or one of its expansions.
The list I have is here.

My house uses a shared universe. If an investigator dies or gets lost in one game, they are gone for all games. This is what the "DEAD" means on my list. My list might be a little behind because I have not seen the investigators in the latest Eldritch box.

Wow! Do you ever reset the list? Like, what if they're all dead at some point, do you plan on restarting? devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Jarrell
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We reset the list if enough have died that we can't play a certain game. Then it's just a full reset. As you might be able to tell here, since the last reset we have had a few Eldritch Games that have not gone so well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reid
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
richardjarrell wrote:
The list I have is here.

That is just... awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.