I could'nt find it in the rules.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste M
msg tools
When the app instruct you to make an horror test, you click on the creature in the monster drawer and click on horror test. It is different everytime and based on horror level of creature
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
msg tools
jayb3369 wrote:

Thanks

Learn to Play page 10 (upper right) and Rule Reference page 10 (lower left).

I could see missing it in the Learn to Play book but since entries are listed alphabetically in the Glossary in the Rule Reference how is it possible not finding it in the Glossary?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Horner
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During the Horror phase, the app will tell you to make Horror checks.

For each investigator, look at all of the monsters in range of that investigator (all monsters within three spaces, noting that range cannot be traced through doors and walls). Then find the one with the highest Horror value (the number on the lower right of the art side of the monster token). That is the monster that investigator will make a Horror check against. Then click on the correct monster in the monster drawer and do the Horror check.

If more than one investigator needs to make a Horror check against the same kind of monster, then do one Horror check in the app and have everyone in that group do the same test.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would have been nice if the app had some "help" sections like XCOM: The Board Game did...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Would have been nice if the app had some "help" sections like XCOM: The Board Game did...

-shnar

Perhaps they'll patch it in. *fingers crossed*

Personally, I'm surprised they went for a singular save space. Is it uncommon for people to run sessions with different groups?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since it's not a campaign but intended to be completed in one sit-down, then I would say "yes", it's uncommon to run multiple sessions with different groups. With my different groups, we pretty much finish/complete the session and don't need to "save".

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Brennan
United States
Morris Plains
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps I should have been more specific. How does a horror check work? I assume I role some dice. I assume it's the number of dice based on the skill. What happened if the horror check fails? How do I track damage? Do I draw those sanity cards? Some of them say the card does nothing, just flip it over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jayb3369 wrote:
Perhaps I should have been more specific. How does a horror check work? I assume I role some dice. I assume it's the number of dice based on the skill. What happened if the horror check fails? How do I track damage? Do I draw those sanity cards? Some of them say the card does nothing, just flip it over.

In any order, each investigator checks if a monster is "within range" (i.e. within 3 spaces not passing through walls or doors). If there is at least one, pick the one with the highest Horror value (the blue number in the lower right corner of the monster token). Find that monster in the app and click on it. The app will ask to confirm "Do a horror check against X-monster?" Confirm, then follow the instructions. Repeat for all investigators (some may not need to do a horror check at all, not in range of monsters). Then click the arrow button on the app in the lower right corner and that ends the Mythos turn.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
jayb3369 wrote:

A Horror check is a Test. You'll need to read the following in the Rule Reference.

Page 10. Horror Check
Page 10. Horror Step
Page 18. Test
Page 13. Negates
Page 7. Damage & Horror

You may want to read up on the following as well.

Page 15. Range.
Page 17. Space
Page 5. Border
Page 8. Door
Page 18. Wall
and others...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.