Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Baker
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

The promo was a gen con exclusive and adds cards and a "board card" for a 6th expedition to add to the game. I was able to get an extra and I am selling it if anyone is interested. Just shoot me a geek mail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Great Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
Is it purple?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
It's grey. Fun little expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baker
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Expedition 6: The Lost Expedition — Expansion for Lost Cities: The Card Game

The only question I'm wondering is if is compatible with the older Rio Grande/Kosmos edition or only the newer edition from Rio Grande?

From what I read, they did change the size of the cards between editions so I'm guessing they won't be compatible for those that have the older edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
Any idea if it will be available for those of us who didn't make it to GenCon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baker
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:

The only question I'm wondering is if is compatible with the older Rio Grande/Kosmos edition or only the newer edition from Rio Grande?

From what I read, they did change the size of the cards between editions so I'm guessing they won't be compatible for those that have the older edition

That I am not sure of because i indeed have the new version by Komos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baker
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowden025 wrote:
Any idea if it will be available for those of us who didn't make it to GenCon?

As far as a mass distribution or availability of them I am not sure. However anyone who made a purchase of any game (I think) at the kosmos booth at ten con received this promo so hopefully some start floating around in the marketplace. I sold mine in the first two days I mentioned
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:

I can confirm the 6th expedition cards are compatible with the older Rio Grande/Kosmos edition.
From what I read, the most recent reprint has the same size cards as the older edition
However, it looks like the Kosmos (German) edition has slightly different sized cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Bogart
United States
West Chester Township
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this in the expansion's forum, but I thought I'd repost it here:

> I have the first edition with the Rio Grande label, and the cards are not the same shape. They're very close to the same size (less than a mm), but the corner cut is different, and the cards from this expansion have obvious nibs where the paper was punched out.

> I've posted pictures here. I'm disappointed, but hopefully opaque sleeves can fix this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the promo but I haven't played with it yet. Can anyone who has played with it let us know how it plays?

I've been wondering if it would upset the balance of the game. I have only played the game a few times, but it seems that launching three expeditions is the optimum number. And having five cities in total means that if both players go for three, they will both have to launch an expedition to the same city and compete for the same cards. I think that's a great part of the game, but if you add a sixth city, it won't play out that way nearly as much, if at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.