Hide
6 Posts

Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King» Forums » General

Subject: Non fiddly arcade mode difficulty tweaks? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Denmark
flag msg tools
I know there are some variant rules on bgg and the sde forum to make arcade mode more difficult/less of a loot fest and faster, but I would still like what works for people and what dont. I was thinking about, in a two player game, starting with only 2 heroes, 2 tiles and only getting loot by killing elites? Or have someone found another simple solution for reducing the game lenght and the overpowered heroes in arcade mode?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As per the rules, I don't believe you get loot from killing minions (I could be wrong). Also, check out the loot-o-meter variant I like it as a game timer. I also don't use the exploration cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
flag msg tools
Uupswhistle It's been a while since I played sde last, I forgot that only getting loot from elites was already an official optional rule.
Thank you for suggestioning the loot-o-meter variant, but I was hoping for a couple of simple tweaks. Maybe I'l look through the loot-o-meter variant anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Millard
United States
Lake Stevens
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tullis wrote:
I know there are some variant rules on bgg and the sde forum to make arcade mode more difficult/less of a loot fest and faster, but I would still like what works for people and what dont. I was thinking about, in a two player game, starting with only 2 heroes, 2 tiles and only getting loot by killing elites? Or have someone found another simple solution for reducing the game lenght and the overpowered heroes in arcade mode?

Close to the end of the rulebook has some tweaks that you can put into the game. Those work for me usually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Hale
United Kingdom
HULL
N/A
flag msg tools
N0mE wrote:
As per the rules, I don't believe you get loot from killing minions (I could be wrong). Also, check out the loot-o-meter variant I like it as a game timer. I also don't use the exploration cards.

You do get loot from minions, unless they have the insignificant trait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xris Wraith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
non-fiddly, immensely harder: popping potions & hearts. When rolling heart or potion on successful attack, don't gain heart/potion immediately. instead put counter adjacent to attacked monster. to gain it, move a hero adjacent to the marker.

Makes for great immersion and way tougher game, imo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.