Subject: Laser etched dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
deekerston schweddy

Highland
California
msg tools
mb
Is this new technology? If not, why the heck weren't laser etched dice included in Runebound 3rd edition instead of those cheap stickers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a post on how these dice are done and lots of info on those. As for why aren't they in runebound the answer is obviously cost. It does not cost the same to make 50.000 dice than 3 million (as they are probably doing now).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
deekerston schweddy

Highland
California
msg tools
mb
Oh that's right. I forgot that FFG is one of those small game companies struggling to make money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Notetleirs
msg tools
Should that matter?

Profit margins are profit margins. Should FFG make less profit now because they are successful?

People were willing to buy their games with those components at the price they were sold. Simple as that. If people weren't willing to buy them FFG would have changed either the quality of the game or the price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
deekerston wrote:
Oh that's right. I forgot that FFG is one of those small game companies struggling to make money.

Don't be silly. They're going to make a LOT more Star Wars dice then they will ever make of Runebound anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
deekerston schweddy

Highland
California
msg tools
mb
I like being silly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well then you are succeeding at things you like to do whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.