The Others» Forums » Rules

Subject: Baldur OP? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Zienowicz
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
So my friends and I just finished a game using Baldur (from omega team) as one of the heroes and in the end, Baldur ended up with 11 equipment's and I found this to be a little too strong but when I read his ability again, it didn't say that you replace the equipment when you take it. My friends are assuming that the equipment is replaced but I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know for certain but from what I remember of the rules there is no equipment limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
The general inventory would replenish as per normal rules.

The Hero's ability does seem rather OP.

You likely need to react to him ASAP and take him out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know the specifics of the ability, but since this is a game where players share a pool of 7 characters, one of them being OP compared to the rest seems irrelevant to me. If the character being OP leads to the good guys stomping the Sins player every time, that would be a problem, but every other comment I've read so far from people that have played it mentions a slight advantage for the Sins player, if anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
He is balanced by the sin player being able to pick Envy, I think, everytime he gets an equipment card the sin player would get to draw a sin card. If he abused it that bad the entire team would get destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mental note:

When I play as the Sins player, and Baldur is in play, kill him dead asap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wereroku wrote:
He is balanced by the sin player being able to pick Envy, I think, everytime he gets an equipment card the sin player would get to draw a sin card. If he abused it that bad the entire team would get destroyed.

Actually, three Sins (Envy, Gluttony, and Greed) all have an effect based on Upgrades. Likely best to choose one of those if that's part of the players strategy.

Edit: I'd also add that Nuns can turn off a City Action, replacing it with Corruption. That seems like a good plan in general.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renato Bruno
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wereroku wrote:

If you follow the set up rules, the team of heroes is chosen last, which means Sins can't really balance an OP hero at the start of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Migs
United States
Roanoke
VA
flag msg tools
mbmb
I believe the way the character is supposed to work, based on the power scale of all other characters, is that he can use the benefit for an extra single card in the shop for that round and at the end of the round it is returned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chet Zeshonski
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Axis25 wrote:
So my friends and I just finished a game using Baldur (from omega team) as one of the heroes and in the end, Baldur ended up with 11 equipment's and I found this to be a little too strong but when I read his ability again, it didn't say that you replace the equipment when you take it. My friends are assuming that the equipment is replaced but I'm not sure.

Keep in mind that Baldur's ability triggers only when he starts a fight. If the Sins player starts a fight with Baldur, the ability does not trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.