6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Bush Endorses Trump rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T
United States
flag msg tools
George P Bush, that is... the terribly unimpressive and under-qualified Texas Railroad Commissioner
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Brickmaster wrote:

... who's also engaged in the ultimately galling degree of nepotism by hiring family and friends to the Texas Railroad Commission.

Well, it would appear that Texas U.S. Senator Ted Cruz is a lot more loyal son to his father, Rafael (whom Trump accused of collaborating with Lee Harvey Oswald to assassinate President Kennedy) than is George P. Bush (whose father was degraded in all sorts of publlic derogatory pronouncements by Trump, most of which were pure insults and not on the merits).

Consider George P.'s hypocrisy after reading the following news story:

> Excerpt from the June 13, 2016 Breithbart news story by Neil Wl McCabe entitled:

Trump Am-Bushed as Jeb’s Son, Texas GOP ‘Victory’ Chairman George P. Bush, Won’t Endorse Nominee

The chairman of the 2016 Texas GOP Victory Fund told a newspaper in the state’s capital he is not supporting the party’s presumptive nominee Donald J. Trump.

“I, along with others, are not in a position to endorse at this time because of concerns about his rhetoric and his inability to create a campaign that brings people together,” said Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush told the Austin-American Statesman.

The son of former GOP candidate and former Florida governor John E. “Jeb” Bush and the nephew of President George W. Bush and the grandson of President George H.W. Bush told the paper he has no plan to endorse Trump — unless the New York City developer changes to his liking.

Since Donald Trump has yet to meaningfully change -- which isn't realistic anyway because he's 70 years old and his autocratic demeanor is too ingrained from all those decades where he dictated without oversight over his company -- we have to presume that Trump has offered George P. some sort of political plum (reward). What type? A quid pro quo ("I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine first") sort of deal.

Donald Trump apparently wants George P. Bush (who's half Hispanic) to be his token Republican Hispanic advocate. (Trump has none otherwise.) In essence, such a deal Trump would enable Donald to have some half-assed legitimacy with certain Hispanics by having George P. to advocate his cause to them.

As of this writing, John Ellis "Jeb" Bush has not reversed his stance and evidently will not be voting for Trump.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice clickbait, Brickmaster!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb

But what's the full Bush spread?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.