Subject: Are software problems persistent across devices? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Cos Cob
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Has anyone noticed if any of the ported software works better in one environment (Android, iPad, PC) over another? Or are the software issues identical on all devices?

I could potentially use any or all three of the above devices and wanted to know if I should give preference to one over another.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
schnel wrote:
Has anyone noticed if any of the ported software works better in one environment (Android, iPad, PC) over another? Or are the software issues identical on all devices?

I could potentially use any or all three of the above devices and wanted to know if I should give preference to one over another.

Thanks.

They are all built off the same Unity environment. iOS is usually the latest to update so you will get fixes slower. Otherwise the only platform specific bugs are likely to be interface (touch screen/mouse/keyboard) bugs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dax is
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently (V1.00 and V1.01) I am experiencing the same error in Escape from Innsmouth on all 3 platforms. Some people have claimed to have work around but as is, it is game breaking (you can't finish).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
daxis32 wrote:
Currently (V1.00 and V1.01) I am experiencing the same error in Escape from Innsmouth on all 3 platforms. Some people have claimed to have work around but as is, it is game breaking (you can't finish).

I have certainly managed to win the Escape from Innsmouth scenario, so it can't be for all devices.

For what it's worth, I use a Nexus 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Shmo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Wow you're the first person that I've heard of that's done that! Do you know how many turns you took? And no lockup to deal with at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
sleaford wrote:
Wow you're the first person that I've heard of that's done that! Do you know how many turns you took? And no lockup to deal with at all?

No, I can't remember unfortunately. And no, the app didn't lock up at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Shmo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
How many investigators?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Shmo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
bleached_lizard wrote:
sleaford wrote:

No, I can't remember unfortunately. And no, the app didn't lock up at all.

Ahh, you're a playtester! Which build were you using as clearly something has broken between that build and the current public releases?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also finished Escape from Innsmouth, on both a Samsung S6 and an iPad Air, I'm not a playtester so I played the recent builds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dax is
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
daxis32 wrote:

I have certainly managed to win the Escape from Innsmouth scenario, so it can't be for all devices.

For what it's worth, I use a Nexus 7.

I used an iPad,Samsung S7, and my pc. Perhaps it has something to do with what map tiles,search tokens,or investigators are used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest K
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
First scenario and Escape from Innsmouth have worked just fine several times on a Windows 7 computer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Shmo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Oh rats! While its great to hear about successfully completing #2, I guess it'll be trickier for them to hunt down the problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.