8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Do It Yourself

Subject: Gloss Photo Paper A4 / A3 with an Adhesive Back? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Day Life
msg tools
Hi there....

I'm looking for a a4 or a3 gloss photo paper that can be print well on with a BROTHER printer. My model is MFC-J6520DW.

Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
The closest I can think of is printable vinyl stickers:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0077QGYFA/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_...

which I've only seen in A4, not A3.

I've not owned an inkjet for years, but I seem to recall that some paper is better than others for printing crispness and colour - if vinyl stickers aren't giving you a good enough result, you could try just using regular photo paper that you already know works. Once it's printed, there's a couple of options to turn it into a sticker.

- The expensive-and-easy option is to get a Xyron machine or similar - this will allow you to turn any printed material into a sticker.

- The cheap-and-more-difficult option is to get a regular full-page sticker and discard (or use!) the sticker part, then spray-glue the back of your printed sheet and lay down onto the sticker-paper's backing sheet. The spray-glue will not-stick to the backing sheet in a similar way to the original sticker, and then you can peel the backing off and apply the sheet like a sticker. (Or just go from spray glue to sticking it down without the backing, but stickers are generally easier to stick with the backing still part in place!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what I do sometimes is printing on normal lable paper, then take two sheets and put them one against each other by the paper side.

I then put both sheets inside the plastic sheat and laminate it. After that I just need to cut a small frame all around the laminated page so to break the two sheets free.

You have a label that is laminated image side and can be used as sticker
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never found a photo paper with an adhesive back that looks any good when printed. They all look washed out.

However, adding an adhesive backing to good quality photo paper can get you what you want.

I second the Xyron suggestion. It offers the added ability to run sheets through to add adhesive to the back. Called the Creative Station (https://www.xyron.com/en-US/New-Creative-Station/)

It lets you insert rolls of adhesive (one side), or laminate (two sides), or laminate + magnet (one on each side).

The adhesive can be bought in Permanent and Repositionable types. I've always used the permanent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davin Nisser
United States
Sonora
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
It does exist in 8.5x11...

https://www.amazon.com/LD-Glossy-Inkjet-Sticker-8-5X11/dp/B0...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
jhebert wrote:
I second the Xyron suggestion. It offers the added ability to run sheets through to add adhesive to the back. Called the Creative Station (https://www.xyron.com/en-US/New-Creative-Station/)

wow ... that device looks awesome...... Dose it work?

Looks like it is out of stock all over the place : (

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Ferrari
United States
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The LD Glossy Sticker paper gives great results. I've been using it for years, and have been very happy with the results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarosław Czarniak
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:
Hi there....

I'm looking for a a4 or a3 gloss photo paper that can be print well on with a BROTHER printer. My model is MFC-J6520DW.

Any ideas?

What country/continent are you from?

I'm buying:
self adhesive paper FOTO PREMIUM HQ gloss A4 115g 50 sheet for 17PLN (~5USD)
and
self adhesive paper FOTO PREMIUM HQ gloss A3 115g 50 sheet for 34PLN (~10USD)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.