Takenoko» Forums » Rules

Subject: Improvement on irrigated plot rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xristos Lagogiannis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
1)According to rules, if i can place improvement to a tile that panda has eaten everything, this means that this tile is already irrigated, otherwise panda couldn't eat anything from it.

So i can place improvements to empty irrigated plots. Am i right?

2) in FAQ i read:"A player who places a new plot tile in the playing area can add an improvement just before bamboo grows on it."

So, i place a new plot that is irrigated , i can place an improvement firstly and after i can place a bamboo cause it is irrigated for first time. What do you think?

3) CAn i place watershed improvement on an already irrigated tile ? (no reason, just asking)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
You are right. You can place improvements on empty plot tiles (irrigated or not).
The main thing here is: the plot tile must be empty. But you can add the improvement at any time to the empty plot.
E.g. when you add a new plot tile to the garden that becomes immediately irrigated (because you place it next to the water pond) right after placing the new plot tile and before adding the bamboo you can still add the improvement.

(And only one improvement is allowed per plot tile, printed or token. People often miss this rule.)

Edit: and your edited question basically asks the example above
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xristos Lagogiannis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
tmgergo wrote:
You are right. You can place improvements on empty plot tiles (irrigated or not).
The main thing here is: the plot tile must be empty. But you can add the improvement at any time to the empty plot.
E.g. when you add a new plot tile to the garden that becomes immediately irrigated (because you place it next to the water pond) right after placing the new plot tile and before adding the bamboo you can still add the improvement.

(And only one improvement is allowed per plot tile, printed or token. People often miss this rule.)

Edit: and your edited question basically asks the example above

Thank you Gergo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fifini wrote:
1)According to rules, if i can place improvement to a tile that panda has eaten everything, this means that this tile is already irrigated, otherwise panda couldn't eat anything from it.

So i can place improvements to empty irrigated plots. Am i right?

I'm just providing the rules quote itself that you refer to.

Improvements can only be added to plots where bamboo has not yet grown (this means plots which were just placed, plots which are not irrigated, and plots where the Panda has just eaten everything!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fifini wrote:
2) in FAQ i read:"A player who places a new plot tile in the playing area can add an improvement just before bamboo grows on it."

So, i place a new plot that is irrigated , i can place an improvement firstly and after i can place a bamboo cause it is irrigated for first time. What do you think?

You are correct. The purpose of the FAQ is to clarify this point which might not be readily understood from the rules alone which simply say (page 5),

When a plot is irrigated for the first time, a section of bamboo of its color is added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.