Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D Kerr
Australia
Kingston
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this one on the weekend for the first time. Not bad. Light but enjoyable. More of a filler game than the main evening's fare, but nothing wrong in that. Variation is the spice of life etc etc

Anyway, when playing our second game we decided to make every game mechanism available rather than just a limited number. We found that this significantly increased the options available (duh!) and thus made the game both more tactical and more interesting. We really enjoyed this option.

However, in the rulebook the designer recommends only using 4 or 5 mechanisms as the optimum number. We wondered why?

Has anyone else tried using all the mechanisms? Are there good reasons why you wouldn't that we missed? Does it screw up play balance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Fischer
United States
Chester
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Pie Factory Designer
badge
Co-founder of Nevermore Games. Follow me on Twitter @bryanfischer
mbmbmbmbmb
dakerr wrote:
Has anyone else tried using all the mechanisms? Are there good reasons why you wouldn't that we missed? Does it screw up play balance?

It won't mess with the core balance at all. We suggested a max of 4-5 to avoid information/option overload and AP. If your group isn't having that issue, throw them all in there! Personally, I enjoy the options!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Kerr
Australia
Kingston
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the prompt reply. As I said, we enjoyed the game with the full range of mechanisms. I am confident that this is the way we will play from now on.

I can recommend this game as a light but interesting card collection / economic game. It has just enough strategic choices to make for an enjoyable game without overloading the players.

Well done to the designers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.