Support:

enie kamozi
United States
Tewksbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello gamers,

I am looking for a few gamers with a similar taste in long form games.

I have a regular game group which meets once a month at my evolving board game cave whistle and we play off the cuff whatever we feel like for the day. In the past we have played games like Blood Rage , Shadows of Brimstone , Descent 2nd Edition, Takenoko, Imperial Settlers etc etc

What I am looking for is to be able to play a long form game as well, something maybe which has campaign play (SeaFall, Descent 2nd Ed, Star Wars Imperial Assault, Shadows of Brimstone , Level 7 : omega protocol) or just longer games : (Star Trek: Ascendancy, Empires : Age of discovery, Eclipse etc). Note the list of games above is not exhaustive, diversity welcome

I love hosting board game days at my place. I also love to paint miniatures so most of my stuff is usually painted. If you are interested is this sort of long form casual gaming , drop me a message and I will try to co-ordinate something. I live in Tewksbury, MA which is 20 mins drive North from Boston.

Cheers !
Enie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: New group for long-form/ campaign games, 20 mins North of Boston
suggestion: include "Tewksbury MA" in the thread subject

also feel free to add yourself to the wiki

Gaming Groups in New England - USA

you could just link to this thread from that wiki since you don't (though may want to) have a guild here on BGG or website

you may also be interested in the group

Lemarshalate

which meets every 3rd and 5th (when there is one) Saturdays from 1pm until late into the evening... and fwiw since you like long form games some of the folks play 18XX games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enie kamozi
United States
Tewksbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the suggestions.

As for Lemarshalate, I have been there in the past, they have a good bunch of people there and I have played longer-form games there. But scheduling often prevents me from going there on a regular basis.
Plus I am looking for a few individuals to pre arrange a game to play which is difficult to do in an open event.

Creating a guild is a good idea , I'll check that out.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
enie wrote:
Plus I am looking for a few individuals to pre arrange a game to play which is difficult to do in an open event.

not really... see for example...

Re: July 30

where a ame was pre arranged to play at the last session.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enie kamozi
United States
Tewksbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, cool, I didnt know that. Thanks for the link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi enie.
I live in Chelmsford, right next door. Feel free to geekmail me.

I'm actually planning on hosting a Seafall campaign at my house when the preorder arrives, and I think the group is currently full but people's plans haven't been finalized yet.
I've got some interest in trying out other long-form "campaign-in-a-box" games as well, time-permitting.
And I've got a Duchess table coming to me in February so I'd love to get as much mileage out of it as possible

(P.S. I might as well plug TempleCon down in Warwick RI. Only 17 days away; can't wait!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enie kamozi
United States
Tewksbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol

Wait no, That's MY duchess coming in February (also) .
whistle
Will send a geek mail .

Best,
Enie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm right next door in Billerica. Unfortunately, my availability for gaming is unpredictable (for example, I'd love to be a regular at Lemarshalate, but my plans are usually thwarted and I'm lucky if I get there once or twice a year). But you never know . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enie kamozi
United States
Tewksbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up creating this guild : Greater Lowell Gamers Please join if you are interested in organizing local gaming. I'll keep adding more content to the guild.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.