Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Chamberlain
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please post the lists of, and talk about, some of your store decks.

So far, I've tried a handful of store decks. Here are the two that I've had the most fun with...

Quote:
this one is my SO's creation. It tanks high in complexity and aggression/interaction, with very few- but surprisingly just enough!- passive sets. Only tested at 2p.

Expn: 1001 nights; black flags; fists of steel; lightning bug; samurai mowdown
Prem: AD2400; clockwork empire; legend of tanananananananah; xeno x-over
Mstr: mechanical numerical masters; symphony of destruction; fantasy finale
Fuze: elemental blades; sealed vaults; elemental dragon lords
Prze: leave it to backers; backers meets world; backers in charge

Quote:
this one was recommended by a bgg user on a previous thread. As far as I know, as of this posting, this was the only store deck there. It's fairly aggressive, but not overly so. Lots of fun, did well at 2p and 3p.

Expn. Super plumber; gno man's; obari; anvillicious; samurai mowdown
prem. Xeno x-over; Pandora's box; clockwork empire; mouse card
Mstr. Millennium masters, hell to pay, galactic caboose
Fuze. legend of badass; sealed vaults; millennium accessories
Prze. Leave it to backers; backers meet world; backers in charge

Both of these have a super wide variety of decks. Across three and four plays each, respectively, my group has seen at least a half dozen deck ideas come from each, and with typically different executions when there is an overlap in goal- lots of different flip decks and +1* decks , for instance.
In the first store listed, I built an exaltius that scored 316 in the final round!

This game is so brilliantly meta, you even get to be a format designer! You are picking and choosing what sets might go together best- sometimes just throwing all the pieces in the blender- getting to see what cool stuff this or that iteration will do. We've tried building two other store decks, and they did not fare so well. As such, we wanted to see what other gamers have come up with. We're not giving up- just looking for inspiration!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Lynden
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the ideas. I'm thinking of changing the store deck for the next time I play and was looking for suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the post. I came here looking for suggestions as I will be bringing my copy to a 24-hour gaming marathon for people who want to try it, and was going to ask for suggestions for a store deck that can appeal to a wide variety of play styles.
Looks like I already have an answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.