7 Posts

Gondola» Forums » General

Subject: Gondola board game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Meister
msg tools
mb
I would very much like this game to be brought back to kickstarter. To show the company true interest, please like this post and maybe they will try it again. If you like racing games and tile based games, this might be what you're looking for! Thanks for your time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have already said they would try again.

Quote:
...We will be cancelling the campaign, changing these important things (below), and relaunching the second week of August.....This relaunched campaign will ONLY be 21 days, so if you back again and EARLY, we will all see a very successful campaign resulting in a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Moughon
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
I'm Batman
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, launching tomorrow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Osborne
Canada
flag msg tools
Why is this game having so much trouble getting funding on Kickstarter? It looks fun and well made. What are people seeing that I'm not seeing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
exolstice wrote:
Why is this game having so much trouble getting funding on Kickstarter? It looks fun and well made. What are people seeing that I'm not seeing?

IMO there are 2 things holding it back:

#1 - Fair or not, this game carries some baggage. The previous caretakers of the game have burnt a lot of bridges. The new caretakers supposedly have nothing to do with the old guys but the baggage still exists in peoples minds.

#2 - Price is still a little high for me. They did a great job of cutting it in about half from campaign to campaign but I think its still a little high for what it is. For me this is a $20-30 buy, shipped (compared to $44 shipped now).

I also think the checkpoint flags should be part of the base game, not a stretch goal. Why have custom boats but not custom flags?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Burgess
Bermuda
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's now a race to see if they can get funded/ $1300 short with 60 some odd hours to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Moughon
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
I'm Batman
mbmbmbmbmb
Gondola funded at 130%. Thanks for the support!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.