Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Jaconetti
United States
Simpsonville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey fellow Epic players, did anyone out there play in any of the World Championship Qulaifiers at Gen Con last week?

I originally was not going to play, but after talking to one of the ladies at the White Wizard booth, I thought 'what the heck' and entered for the Friday morning Constructed tournament. I got decimated, losing 0-2 and 0-2 before dropping out, but hey, I can say that I played in a World Qualifier!

The last leaderboard I saw on late Friday afternoon had me in third to last place; there was only 23 entrants so that's still a Top 25 finish, yeah?

Did anyone else take part in any of the tournaments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom S
msg tools
Hey welcome to the Epic competitive scene. I competed in the 4 events at Origins and qualified in the Gen Con Thursday limited tournament. Love the game, and the community has been great. Always glad to see more people join.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was there! I played constructed on Friday. Started 2-0, lost match 3 to Tom Dixon (who won the whole thing), lost match 4 due to bad play on my part and then match 5 didn't really matter. Kind of a bummer, but looking forward to trying again sometime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Jaconetti
United States
Simpsonville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RiotOfficer wrote:
Hey welcome to the Epic competitive scene. I competed in the 4 events at Origins and qualified in the Gen Con Thursday limited tournament. Love the game, and the community has been great. Always glad to see more people join.

Thanks for the warm welcome! As poorly as I played on Friday, if I ever do play organized Constructed again I will have to do some actual prep beyond just throwing a deck together an hour before the tournament! I have been a supporter of Epic since the launch of the Kickstarter and was glad to see other players at Gen Con, especially ones who beat the cargo shorts off of a casual, non-meta game guy like me!

happyjosiah wrote:
I was there! I played constructed on Friday. Started 2-0, lost match 3 to Tom Dixon (who won the whole thing), lost match 4 due to bad play on my part and then match 5 didn't really matter. Kind of a bummer, but looking forward to trying again sometime.

Hey man, that's still a good outing as far as I am concerned, although I can understand being bummed out. Considering the relatively new state of organized play for the game there seemed to be a lot of buzz and energy at the tournament and the other players that I talked with and played against were all really nice.

I am never going to be an exceptional or even better-than-casual player, but as I said in the original post, I can now say I put myself out there in a World Qualifier and finished Top 25, which none of my friends can say! (Naturally I leave out the whole "23 player field aspect! )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I was there. At least physically.

Ian Taylor
Director of Organized Play
White Wizard Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was there for both a limited and constructed event. I finished at 10th place in both. I think I can officially be called that one guy that you don't remember that you beat on your way to the top 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.