8 Posts

Risk: Star Wars Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: What do the rebels have to roll to finally disable the shields? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Bill
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you are on the space right before the shields are disabled, then how does that work? Do you just advance right on through or do you have to roll a five like the ones before? I have been requiring a 6 (though I can't find this anywhere in the rules).

Am I misreading something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If the rebel token is on the final open circle with a number(5), then the shields have been disabled and no further actions can be taken on that board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bill
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That doesn't make any sense because it has a 5 above it like all the numbered circled that you had to roll to get on before it. Why then is there a separate circle that says "Shield disabled" or whatever?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
blondlostime wrote:
That doesn't make any sense because it has a 5 above it like all the numbered circled that you had to roll to get on before it. Why then is there a separate circle that says "Shield disabled" or whatever?

I was a little confused at first too, but that's just the way it is, it is a graphic design choice to include a little celebration space. Perhaps the following logic can convince you:

From the rules (Shield assault section):
"Once the Rebel Strike Team token reaches the end of the shield assault track, the shields are down"

Shield Assault (Rebel Order) Section:
"Each space on the shield assault track has a number on it"

So the only spaces that are part of the shield assault track are ones that have numbers on them. That energized green circle is not part of the shield assault track. The last space with a five is the final space on the track, the end of the track. When the token occupies (reaches) that space, the shields come down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shield Assault (Rebel Order) Section:
"Each space on the shield assault track has a number on it"

How do you know you need to roll a 5+ on the "Destroyed" space if it doesn't have a number on it, and therefore isn't on the shield assault track?

Of course, you can house rule whatever you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrej Swidsinski
msg tools
mbmbmb
No, I totally agree with you: Once you landed on the shield destroyed space you are done and destroyed the shield. At last thats what I intended to write maybe my last example was not the clearest...

I only disagreed with Jordon Booths statement:
Born-of-Ashes wrote:
If the rebel token is on the final open circle with a number(5), then the shields have been disabled and no further actions can be taken on that board.

Which as far as I understand it, would mean that the rebels do not have to roll for the second space with a five printed on it.

While I understand his reasoning behind this interpretation of the english verding, I have the feeling the two passages he is citing are just another case of badly written rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the confusion is you don't roll for the space you are actually on, but the space you are moving into. So when you move into the last 5 space, I think the question is "what next". The answer is, after moving there, you just immediately move to the Shield Destroyed space and you are done
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrej Swidsinski
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah thats right! Thanks for clearing that up.

Now I understand where I got confused when I wrote my first explanation. I better delete that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.