Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leon Scheuber
Germany
Köln
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the confirmed publishing of KDM 1.4 these are the things I would like to see changed in this excellent game

- The Hunt Phase: Yeah there is much debate about this, but I think they missed the trick with the organisation of this phase. We have the board and cards and then we have to flip the rulebook all the time. Would love to see the encounter table in a extra book, seperate from the rules + some variation in the basic hunt events.
- Incentive for hunting lvl 2 quarries. There is not much to get from hunting lvl 2 quarries. I mean lvl 3s have all the extras but it just doesn't add up for the lvl 2 ones.
- Quality upgrade for settlement locations, gear grids and all the boards. Every scratch is visible on these. Would love to see something sturdier.
- Quality upgrade for rulebook or at least (if KS) addon option for hardcover rulebook.
- Typos. It's a big game with a ton of text and I understand it is hard, but it would be great if they hire a lector to fix all the typos in the rulebook. Also the encounter tables missing a number.
- 2 cards for monsters basic action/overview. Sometimes it drives me nuts to flip the card all the time to look how much Movement/Toughness it has or what the basic action is. Could be be organized better.
- Moar content. This is always nice. Actually I think there is a lot of content here but some more settlement events could come in handy.

What is it that you would like to see fixed or changed?

ps: Even if everything stays as it is right now I couldn't be happier with the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want an upgrade pack. Typos I can live with. Any adds or changes to gameplay is a thing that I'll want to be able to get into my existing box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A Kingdom Death mobile app that has all the rules on it, stores Survivor/Settlement info, tracks Combat, and updates whenever the Official Rules update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mb
Rules for being hunted while hunting?

Rules for monster invading your settlement?

I mean this doesn't exactly fit but I would love a narrative track of the guy who speaks in the intro of the kickstarter with the "white lion." You can play it when you survive and reach a new level in the campaign (maybe for sale on itunes would be better).

Rulebook that's more organized with tabs and illustrated examples?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
re: level 2, I used to agree, but I think the advantages to a level 2 are just more subtle.

re: hunt, yeah, I find it about the weakest part of the game

re: quality, yeah, it'd be nice.

my personal wishlist:
-gut and rebuild the hunt phase (yeah, probably not gonna' happen)

-balance the choices where one option is hugely worse (i.e SotF)

-promised assembly instructions shake

-harder bosses

-yeah, I'd be really excited about a HB edition

-yeah, editing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mb
spiralingcadaver wrote:

Damn it. I forgot that one. Yeah, this is a biggie. I would be embarrassed if fans had to produce an instructions manual I failed to include.

spiralingcadaver wrote:

-harder bosses

Of course, the masochist speaks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
spiralingcadaver wrote:

Abandon hope all ye and despair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Rey
msg tools

- reasonable price

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zenman12 wrote:
Of course, the masochist speaks.
Hehe, yeah, a bit of it's masochism, but, a few of our recent fights:
Watcher: 0 damage, took him out on the top of the 2nd turn, only because we rolled something like 5 1's in 10 dice.
Butcher 2: took 3 bleeding (1 intentional) and no damage
Tyrant 3: this one was actually kind of rough, but we took very little damage
Slender man 1, with a total party armor of 30 points exactly, lost one guy

and a personal favorite, we didn't want a phoenix 1 to do a nasty move, so everyone dashed and surged, and we took it out during its first flow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kiyoshi
United States
California
flag msg tools
I'd like the typos on the cards fixed at the very least.
Uniformity among all the cards. Uniformity on the card dividers.

It would be pretty cool to have a feature where if a monster party wipes you or survives that it becomes a named monster with some special added cards to its deck and it ends up hunting you or invading the settlement since it now has a taste for your blood until killed.

Just spitballing.

Would love a hard cover rule book/compendium.

Perhaps instead of rolling for the basic hunt events, you could have each event as a card and randomly pick from the deck. That also makes it expandable and customizable.

Injury reference cards/tables would be nice too. Anything that requires less flipping through the book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kiyoshi
United States
California
flag msg tools
spiralingcadaver wrote:

-harder bosses

Level 4 bosses? Uniques? Legendary?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Esp. the actual bosses- a L2 watcher, or something. I think the closest we've ever come to not chumping him is killing him on the third survivor turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Clough
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Styfen wrote:
I was going to post this today myself, glad I held back. No need for duplicate threads.

My Wishlist fixes:

Stone Circle
This location makes the Screaming Antelope not worth it once you have the Arcanthas, it's got a very high building cost (3 Organs, 1 Hide) for a location that builds gear on par with the White Lion and the Gorm sets. I'd like to see the building cost on this removed, and instead it is automatically built after you fight the Screaming Antelope.

Masks
I like the legendary creatures, I like the costs on the masks. I just want them to count as set items for armour bonuses. Or the other option is to make them a part of new Hybrid armour sets designed for the late game. It is an absolute crying shame that we have these gorgeous sculpts for the masks and literally zero reason to build them onto our survivors because they are basically worth getting for the Legendaries and then you're done.

Hybrid Armour
These are in the Lion Knight (and sort of the Green Knight Armour also), I want more of these, they are really good, really interesting and unique. They also create more modeling opportunities and encourage variety in monster hunts. At the moment the most optimal path is to farm the same monster over and over until you have the armour set and then move on to the next one.

Gorm Climate
I know this is in an expansion and is the 'price' you pay for having access to the Gorm. But the Gorm is sort of the key expansion creature required to build variety in the early game. I'd like to see one aspect of it nerfed, either the chance of losing all resources reduced, the amount of resources lost reduced or reduce the frequency at which Gorm climate hits (say once every two years). Yes you can get Song of the Brave to solve the problem, but it's an exercise in frustration until then, it doesn't even really make the game harder, it just reduces variety in play options.

More cross expansion integration
I really want to see new expansions when released to have additional content that can only be used if other expansions have been bought. It's great to have a reason to vary your hunts. It's also good business to have things that encourage people to buy more.

Consistency in references.
It's annoying that cards and showdown descriptions flip back and forth between referring to a monster/nemesis as 'The Monster' and then by name. Just refer to them all by name. There are also other inconsistencies where text refers to things by entirely the wrong name. All of this needs to be quality checked and sorted out.

Lonely Tree
This thing needs a rework, it's just not interesting enough for the cost. At the very least the Lonely Muse miniature could be used in some fashion as either a second Monster in the showdown or as a nemesis that can only be removed from the timeline by killing the tree. To be honest, I don't know what should be done with it, except it is not worth the price as it stands.

More Legendary Creatures
Anyone else disappointed that the expansions didn't come with a new mask + legendary creature for each additional Hunt added to the game?

The Watcher
Needs a rework as it's too easy if you fight it straight away, but this might be fixed in Lantern Festival.

Hunt Events
A deck of cards to replace these would be nice, it would save me the time and effort of doing it myself (something I did for WHQ in the past).

Showdowns
Separate reference cards for each showdown would be nice instead of having to always flip to the relevant page in the book. I've had to make them myself, which wasn't hard, but quality of life and all you know?

Level 2+ Hunts
More reasons to go after level 2+ hunts please, the rewards are not good enough at the moment to encourage people to take that extra risk. I like that the Level 2 Spidicules has a solid reason why you'd want to hunt it over the level 1 one. More of that please.

There's possibly more, I'll edit this post if they come to me.

you've hit most of my complaints.

hunt event table should have been hunt event cards - makes integration like we saw at GenCon and the lonely tree work better.

missing masks and L4+ expansion monsters was a huge disappointment to me.

expansion integration to the campaign tends to not be so thorough and well executed: playing People of the Sun with Spidicules, only to find out that i can't create some of the campaign specific items because of missing resources? what a disappointment and frustration.

we don't need a settlement board.

hunt board should be on the back of the monster control pane, or on the back flap of the game board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, fen hit a lot of them. Don't think there's a single thing I'd disagree with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dais Rajura
msg tools
I would love a quarry variation of the Watcher. He's such a great model and interesting fight. It is a shame that all the other campaigns that have alternate final encounters are not reflected in the watcher being eligible as a quarry. Can you blame me for wanting to pu that mini on the table more frequently?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Scheuber
Germany
Köln
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with most things you guys said but I'm not sure about the Hunt Event cards. Some of those have pretty long texts and I don't see them fitting on a card, but I agree that from a convenience standpoint they would make much more sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Smith
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Well,
If it is a reprint the Hunt Event Cards could be larger. I think it is the most natural way to expand game content and randomly add the expansion monsters to a campaign.

Also, anything that saves wear and tear on the rulebook is a plus for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
it's like an accident that we keep on knitting
badge
and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting
mbmbmbmbmb
Zenman12 wrote:
Rules for monster invading your settlement?

There are thematic reasons why this does not happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Rasmussen
Denmark
flag msg tools
1)
Either the lvl 2 quarries are too hard or the rewards are too low. I feel there is missing a level between 1 and 2, especially in the base game without expansions. Can be dull to fight the exact same monster lvl over and over.

2)
Resisting armored strangers should not force the nemesis encounter with the kingsmen to be lvl 2. The kingsmen should have -1 dmg token when resisting.

3)
It should not be possible to prevent saviors from ageing. Saviors should gain 1 xp even if not participating in the hunt that year.

4)
Saviors should be made more rare.

5)
Survival of the fittest should be made better.I think protect the young will also have to change, in its current stage its too easy to get saviors.

6)
Collective toil needs to be made better, to match the level of embrace darkness.

7)
Should be a rule that says that if an AI card says draw an AI card and there is no cards left in the AI draw pile the monster should just make a basic action. A new AI deck should be made at the end of the monster turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Styfen wrote:

Mollens wrote:

7)Should be a rule that says that if an AI card says draw an AI card and there is no cards left in the AI draw pile the monster should just make a basic action. A new AI deck should be made at the end of the monster turn.

Can you explain why? What are the balance reasons for this, because it's certainly no chore to reshuffle the AI deck in order to draw a new card.

To prevent infinite loops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Wannes
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Pre-assembled minis

(Please dont shoot me)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Scheuber
Germany
Köln
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gabriel85 wrote:
Pre-assembled minis

(Please dont shoot me)

Well not in 1.4 but a PVC Kingdom Death is coming (was on Poots' schedule couple of months ago)

I think assembly instructions would really help a lot. And - please don't shoot me - the minis could be better in the sense of fitting together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Curry
msg tools
mb
Gabriel85 wrote:
Pre-assembled minis

(Please dont shoot me)

As someone desperately awaitimg the reprint, this would be great for me. My only mini experience is with shadows of brimstone and it sucked putting those together. I just got descent and was not looking forward to spending a night assembling instead of playing. I was ecstatic to find the minis perfectly sturdy and not in need of putting together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
re: infinite loops, yeah, I think they're pretty lame, too.

re: PVC... I hate the material. With a condition: I hate the material, if it's priced like anything other than cheap junk, or produced by whoever does it expertly (1-2 companies seem to have gotten it right). IF there were a cheap version of KD, I don't think I'd have a problem with it, but their one test was fairly middling before, got one when it went on clearance.

But, I think the extra work in getting it don't take into account that they already had some very expensive molds made for HIPS, which wouldn't translate to PCV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wondercat
France
Montpellier
Herault
flag msg tools
My friends call me "Sly" during games. I can't propose alliances anymore.
badge
My wife and I are offering painting commission services for your miniatures !
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like the Bone Witch to change a bit, mainly less scratching eyes of Survivors =p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.