Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for Land Mines state that a posse character has to make a Luck +5 test. If passed, the Land Mine marker is not flipped. If failed, the marker is flipped. If it WAS a mine (as opposed to a blank counter), it explodes like dynamite dealing D6 wounds ignoring defense to that space and adjacent spaces.

This can cause a cascade effect because you will roll a D6 for each Land Mine token adjacent to that spot, on a 1 or 2 it is revealed and resolved.

Now for the question, can a Hero chuck dynamite into the mine field in order to try to clear the field via a wonderous chain of explosions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MT Dav

Maryland
msg tools
Do what you want. But how would your character know that the mines were there? Maybe after setting one off, they could back off and toss dynamite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that the maptile is covered with the Land Mine tokens, face down. Some are blank on the reverse and others have a skull, indicating an explosion.

The hero would see the weird mounds on the ground. Thematically, I would probably not allow this strategy until after we encountered at least one chain reaction of mines exploding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.