Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Which side of the board is the beginner side? I think we just infer it from the picture in the rule book, and you can tell, I guess, from the number and location of forbidden spaces, but I'm pretty surprised that each side of the board isn't marked in any way.

Unless I'm missing something? Am I missing something? What am I missing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book shows a picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel West
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, do note that the beginner side has more building locations than the advanced side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aidan Mirisola-Sullivan
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
oh hai
mbmbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
Which side of the board is the beginner side? I think we just infer it from the picture in the rule book, and you can tell, I guess, from the number and location of forbidden spaces, but I'm pretty surprised that each side of the board isn't marked in any way.

Unless I'm missing something? Am I missing something? What am I missing?

I had the same problem - the side with the orange eyeball on the left hand side is the beginner's side. As Jennifer mentions, the rulebook does show a picture, and it actually explicitly labels the two board sides under Components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

An expert knows which side to use, so a beginner should just take the other side. That's how to tell them apart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.