Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tina McDuffie
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Visit TheGlassMeeple.com for game reviews and run-throughs by me.
badge
She who laughs... lasts!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going through my Castles of Burgundy plays to figure out which boards I hadn't played yet. I realized that I don't have boards numbered 11 or 12.

I have:
1 to 9 from Base Game
10a to 10h 3rd Expansion
13a to 13h Monastery Board Exp

I vaguely recall hearing the Championship board was 11, but when I looked at a picture of it, I didn't see a number.

The latest 2016 Championship Board is numbered 14.

So, what happened to 11 and 12?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. O. Schaefer
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
There is an older thread on this which I can't find at the moment. It didn't provide an answer anyway.
You have it all right. The 2013 championship board is not numbered, but the 2016 one has number 14. Maybe they ommitted 11 to have it for a 2013 championship board reprint and consistency. But that wouldn't explain another gap.

Right now 11 and 12 do not exist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Harris
United Kingdom
Sale
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This reminds me of an end of term prank at a school where my wife teaches. It was the last day of term and some of the more enterprising kids thought it would be funny to release some chickens onto the school premises as the headmaster's surname was chicken. In total, they released three chickens, and labelled them numbers 1, 2 and 4. Genius. The staff spent *hours* hunting for the non existent number 3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina McDuffie
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Visit TheGlassMeeple.com for game reviews and run-throughs by me.
badge
She who laughs... lasts!
mbmbmbmbmb
sparkle999 wrote:
This reminds me of an end of term prank at a school where my wife teaches. It was the last day of term and some of the more enterprising kids thought it would be funny to release some chickens onto the school premises as the headmaster's surname was chicken. In total, they released three chickens, and labelled them numbers 1, 2 and 4. Genius. The staff spent *hours* hunting for the non existent number 3

Sounds about right: time I spent hunting. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Williams
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sparkle999 wrote:

This is a really common senior prank. Kids in high school hear the story and decide they should do the prank as well. (We did it when we were in high school, though my favorite prank was having most of the kids in school bring in 10 bouncy balls and let them loose in the hallways. thousands of bouncy balls all over the place, it was awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.