Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we were playing last night, and in the book it says the abilities on the apocalypse track are cumulative.

Does that mean after turn one, I drop the marker down one mark and draw an Apoc card. After turn two, lets say I killed someone, i drop it down 2, do I draw only one for the new "Draw an Apoc card" I landed on, or will I draw 2, one for the new one and one for the one I drew last round?

On that same note, the Sins player gains +1 reaction token, will that stack as well and happened every round?

we played the recommended mission last night and loved it. However one thing I feel, is it normal that the game be over by round 3ish?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Korner
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure I read that the track is cumulative but the cards are only drawn once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus Lee
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WolfVonhinslik wrote:

we played the recommended mission last night and loved it. However one thing I feel, is it normal that the game be over by round 3ish?

I think this is normal. We have finished a redemption scenario in two rounds, and another corruption scenario in three rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Note: You incorrectly use the word "draw" instead of "reveal" in your example.

1) Each other Apocalypse Track level (ie. levels 1,3,5) allows you to reveal one card.
2) Effects are cumulative, not the amount of cards you reveal.
3) Don't forget that when you reveal an Apocalypse card you may draw 2 and choose 1.

From the manual:

The effects of the Apocalypse Track are cumulative. So,
for example, when the game is at Level 4, the effects of
Levels 1, 2, 3, and 4 will be active.

Every other Apocalypse Level indicates that an Apocalypse
card must be revealed. When such a Level is
reached, the Sins Player must draw 2 cards from the
top of the Apocalypse deck related to the Story type
being played. He choses one and places it face up on
the table, within view of all players, returning the other
card to the bottom of the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Parish
United States
Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned above the term cumulative is used to indicate that the previous effects are still in effect as you move down the track. This is essentially to break the rules later out in the rule book where when the Sin play gains a bonus i.e. An extra reaction token it is only active until the end of the round and in this case must be discarded. So when you reach the level of the Apocolypse track where you can spawn one more monster each turn or get an additional reaction token this is in effect for the remainder of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone!

After playing a few times, I find it strange that our first game ended turn 2 and the other turn 3.

the fact that completion of the objectives are instant, means last night we completed the first 2 (of the recommended starting mission, thats the only one we have played so far) within turn 1. turn two we bum rushed his 4 people, one of them had to be an acolyte because there wasnt enough people on the board.

I love the game, but man does it feel harder on the Sins player. Maybe the other missions are harder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WolfVonhinslik wrote:
I love the game, but man does it feel harder on the Sins player. Maybe the other missions are harder.

I did win my first (non-solo) game as the Sins player as the FAITH team was too cautious. But it's true for the first mission, aggressive FAITH team play will probably win the day and there's not much the Sins player can do about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.